Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I’m not familiar with it either but just Kindlepurchased book 1. It may have to wait for my Dresden re-read, but I’ll be done with that well before Cyberpunk releases.

I remember how cool I thought it was that Witcher 3 had three different epilogues, and now they are doing prologues. Love it. And it makes sense. I am going to have to play this three times won’t I.

Let me know what you think! I read all three WAY back when, but have only read When Gravity Fails since, and it holds up very well.

Just bought it. Just as I was done with Sagittarius Rising. Qt3 book recommendations ftw :D

Will do for sure. Going to read When Gravity Fails after Grave Peril (Dresden 3) I think.

One of my favorite things about Temple of Elemental Evil was giving each of the 9 possible party alignments their own opening to the game to explain why they were going to look for the temple. I wish more games did stuff like this for those of us that like to replay things!

And here’s the first in-game track from Johnny Silverhand’s band, SAMURAI.

(Actually done by Refused for the game.)

Oh, nice. Apparently they’re already videogame mainstream from the Doom soundtrack.

I’m picturing Keanu performing that and it’s cracking me up. In a good way. Lawd, I can’t wait.

Mike Pondsmith has always known what’s up.

Somebody asked me a while back if Cyberpunk was political and I said inherently it’s always political. It’s not politics in terms of right or left, or even conservative versus liberal… everything is political. Human beings are political. First we got food, then we got prostitution, then we got politics. And we might have gotten politics before prostitution, but I’m not sure.

Basically, it’s all political but a big part of what Cyberpunk talks about is the disparities of power and how technology readdresses that.

Oh my, yes! I’ve reread these a few times, and indeed they still hold up well. I am a big Raymond Chandler fan, and WGF is right up that alley. It also has a different sort of dystopian future than much of the cyberpunk world, and has some really plausible riffs on human nature.

You had me at Chandler.

cdkeys somehow has this for pre-purchase in their summer sale for 36% off - $40.89.

Hell yeah.

I don’t get it. Just a cool screenshot?

Same. But on the Twitter link there was a reply that confirmed it’s a screenshot, so that’s impressive from a technical point of view, at least in theory. Maybe it also confirms melee weapons? But that was a given, from my point of view.

Stream Cyberpunk!

Some new screenshots

More

So cool that it will all be in first person, so we’ll actually be able to see all this detail this time, instead of having the camera pulled back away from it all.