Cyberpunk 2077 - PC technical thread

Yep, getting almost 60fps with their settings using my RTX2080 @ 2k rez w/RT on.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/14/this-cyberpunk-2077-tweak-could-really-help-pc-performance/#comments Good lord. This actually does seem to work - now getting no stutters and a rock solid 60FPS at 1440p on a 3080 and as I made the mistake of getting a twin fan number you can tell the fan is now spinning up much more than it did before hand.

I used the DF settings. Then I turned the RT options on and thought I’ll just accept lower performance :)

Gamers Nexus did some CPU benchmarking today including the 2600, if that’s of any interest.

I’d be really curious about what happens when you change the values back. Does it get slower again? (There’s a really big danger in doing performance testing for anything that can’t be changed in-game, since the memory leak makes the game slower over time. So someone plays for a few hours, are frustrated at how slow the game is, tweaks a setting that has no effect, and sees a huge improvement due to the restart rather than the change.)

Looking at the Reddit thread, all the people who tried benchmarking this with a repeatable compare-like-to-like methodology are seeing no change in either FPS or load times.

That’s the performance you should have got from the start with that gpu. Alas, I’m gpu limited and no unofficial fix does anything for me.

Didn’t seem to make any difference for me. The game already loaded super fast, and it only uses 4GB RAM while running. GPU is already >90%, CPUs are around 70%.

It made a difference for me. When I was streaming with OBS it stayed 55-60 FPS, now its around 72. Also seems to be using my card correctly now. How odd.

Thanks again for this reply. Also running ultra/high and no issues so far.

I have been continually impressed at just how it manages to run so well and look so damn good on my machine. I really expected to boot it up, futz around with it for a bit, and then shelve it for when I finally got around to building a new machine.

The only thing I changed was crowd size to medium. As had been suggested here before.

Crowd size does almost nothing for my FPS. So strange.

Interesting. I suppose I could fiddle with it and see if it changes anything.

It’s possible it helps with the general sluggishness while driving around dense areas. That’s one of the most taxing parts of the game and also difficult to benchmark.

I don’t know. I left it to medium. The crowds do absolutely nothing for my gaming experience aside from serving as white noise in the background – maybe a real-world commentary on city life. I don’t want them to be so sparse that I notice it though.

Well I have the Dum Dum bug. He follows me everywhere, I just completed the heist and there he is helping out and shooting at people. I get in the car and there he appears, out of nowhere, it’s like having a new best m8.

Nothing seems to make him go away, if I run away or drive off he magically appears again, like out of a shadow.

Too bad he doesn’t say sneaky-sneaky.

Yeah be funny if he went Boo as appears from the shadows, probably need to sleep with the lights on

You may have stumbled across the future Dum Dum DLC. It’s a feature!

I never get the fun bugs.

You can get shampoo for that.