Dara O'Briain - I love Video Games

That’s the thing. No-one got “megabutthurt.” I even included a “:P” smiley to indicate my lack of anybutthurt and so anyone would see what I said was in jest.

But instead you called me an asshole.

So all in all.

Fuck you too.

I’d heard that before and it’s actually quite funny - I can’t imagine a Dublin audience being genuinely outraged by that joke. He’d have balls like King Kong if he did the same joke in Belfast though.

With regard to his nationality - his parents are Irish and he sometimes says the he was born in Ireland, sometimes says he was born in England. Britain and Ireland recognise dual citizenship and both extend citizenship/nationality to children of Irish/British parents born in foreign countries, so he holds a British and an Irish passport. I have no idea if that makes him de facto Irish or de facto British (my inclination is both) but there’s a pissing contest on the Wikipedia:Talk page :P

But you are Spanish, that’s why I didn’t get it?

No, the joke went over your head because calling Portuguese people Spanish is more annoying to them than calling them Italian. It also went over my head, apparently, even though I made the joke. That’s LOGIC McKnight.

I’ll be honest. All the people on the isles are Welsh to me. Sorry! :D

Sorry, we’ve appropriated them now for the good of the empire.

You people all look the same to me.

I’d say literally closest thing is Whose Line Is It Anyway, only with news. It’s the same creators behind both shows anyway.

Sound the same, too.

Well, okay, Leo’s voice is distinctively sexy.

And yeah - Dara’s had quite a long standing relationship with the games industry these days. He’s presented the Video Game BAFTAs for the last three years now, among other things.