Dara O'Briain - I love Video Games

O’Briain is one of my favourite comedians in the UK at the moment, there’s just something about him that makes him a pleasure to watch. I get the same ‘vibes’ from Michael McIntyre and Ed Byrne, and to a lesser extent Jack Dee. I think O’Briain is the first to properly delve into the video game subject during a stand-up show though, but I might be wrong!

Great skit, thanks for that link.

I saw this a few months ago, and now everytime my kids play a new game we all go, “which one of these buttons isn’t crouch?”

There’s a host of British comedians I adore. Of these, Dara is probably my favorite. He has a TON of audience interaction on his live shows, and he kills at it.

Dara O’Briain
Jimmy Carr
Sean Locke
Ed Byrne
Marcus Brigstocke
Stewart Lee

Except Dara O’Briain and Ed Byrne are Irish, not British. :P

OH MY GOD IM SORRY BRB CRUCIFYING MYSELF IN SHAME.

asshole.

bad day?

You damn well should be.

Anyone know of other good stand-up on gaming? I googled standup and gaming and the first result was Dara. The second hit was some kid who was absolutely terrible.

There’s a whole thread with recommend me some stand up under TV music and other forum here, but I can’t find it! Lots of good stuff in there, though…

eh, sorry I can’t be of more help, but hopefully others can find the thread

Jimmy Carr is an unfunny cunt.

G’way ourra dat

that sounds like a line from his act

I’m sorry, but this is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SagayzX2T7Y

We didn’t struggle under the yoke of English oppression for 800 years so that some Italian fucker could lump our funny men in with Brit comedians.

I just watched a large number of Carr clips on youtube and laughed most of the time.

Now, now, I think you mean Spaniard. :D

And the Irish do have a large amount of funny men, don’t they? Some you wouldn’t even guess, like the aforementioned Jimmy Carr.

Though you guys probably disavow Carr, what, with stuff like this on his repertoire?

That joke flew right over your head didn’t it?

That Jimmy Carr joke cracks me up everytime, I can picture the scene so perfectly :)

Yeah, we learned our lesson. In the later Rock Bands all the songs are unlocked in quickplay at the start of the game. Same with Dance Central.

I do like his proposed method for unlocks. Maybe we can release a special Mad Catz cock rock bundle.

Nah, it went over yours. He’s portuguese as well, and knows perfectly that the way to piss us off is to call us spaniards, not italian. It’d be like me calling Dara Australian. You’d go wtf, but not get megabutthurt like you are now.