Daredevil (Netflix)

Yeah, same with vincent d’onofrio as Kingpin, apparently in the Hawkeye series

I hope Jon Bernthal’s Punisher comes back as well. He was so excellent in that role.

That would indeed be fantastic news. They deserve to keep the roles and move into “prime” Marvel universe.

I love this so much.

Note that doesn’t mean he is in anything (yet) but that he is the MCU Daredevil.

And it also doesn’t mean he is not. Feige can be kind of tricksey with these kinds of announcements. (Blurred for possible Hawkeye spoilers) It is very possible that he may show up in Hawkeye, as there are somewhat veiled references to Kingpin in the series and generally, where Kingpin is, Daredevil is nearby. I figure if he is, it will probably be in something like a end credits stinger

Either way I am glad to hear this. Cox was excellent as Daredevil.

Yeah, those thoughts did occur to me - I want to believe! :)

Cox was excellent as Daredevil - all three seasons of that were some of the best super hero content in my opinion on Netflix. I know Jone’s series is a highlight for a lot of folks, but Daredevil is my jam.

I’m surprised to see you liked this show so much Armando. I thought you weren’t into the dark, brooding, depressing shows? At least that’s what the show was when I gave up on it around episode 6 or so. I take it that it changes drastically later?

It is fairly dark for me, but it really goes some amazing places. I honestly need to give it a rewatch; it’s been so long that I more or less don’t remember anything other than “Daredevil and Kingpin don’t get along.”

Well, Kingpin has as nice apartment, with lots of pretty paintings, and a girlfriend.

Are we talking about the rebooted show here, or rather create a new thread for that?

Looks like the in progress new show is going through some major retooling over at Disney.

sources say that Corman and Ord crafted a legal procedural that did not resemble the Netflix version, known for its action and violence. Cox didn’t even show up in costume until the fourth episode. Head writers Chris Ord and Matt Corman were both let go, along with all directors slated for the remainder of the season. The company is reportedly still looking for new writers to turn things around.

Really hope they manage to figure their shit out, since I enjoyed (most of) the Netflix Daredevil show, so it would be a pity for it to return from the dead only to end up as a sad rotting zombie.

I can’t believe that “legal procedural” was the direction they wanted to take it. You’d think the writers would be given directives for at least the genre Disney wanted.

Are these the original writers? If not, that’s what they should have gone with. Some of the decision-making in producing TV shows is just baffling.

(Looking at you, too BBC/Doctor Who, and screw you again Netflix for continually cancelling good shows while simultaneously releasing a lot of garbage).

They have identical writing credits so I guess they’ve always been a duo. They weren’t on Daredevil.

Glad they are trying to fix this! Now bring back Hanson & Woll.

Covert Affairs was a decent guilty pleasure.

It seems like Marvel keeps on trying to turn these shows and movies over to directors/writers that aren’t really comic fans coming in and that’s just not the route you want to be going with this stuff.

Marvel especially is so good in the books already with great soap opera-style stories, you don’t need to shoehorn into current genres. They have all that stuff already but never forget to stay focused on the guys spending a lot of time in their suits.