Dark Souls 3

My initial character is on NG+, I’m finding it too challenging.

Anybody want to co-op with me through a NG so I can get to the DLC? ;)

Alex.

Not sure what to say. When I type, my brain automatically realizes “hmm, that’s kind of a big surprise, I should use the spoiler tag.”

I don’t think “well it’s been 11.63 months, and it’s their own dang fault anyway!”

This has always seemed really easy and natural to me. shrug

I still think beating a character from an old save file would have been a better idea that what we got, although it would have been pretty hard to put in practice.

Well as far as the boss… it’s literally in Firelink Shrine on a giant fucking throne, so I’m not sure how much of a spoiler that is.

So my kid bought this a ways back during a steam sale, but it’s not playable on our older video card. Another computer’s video card is dying now. If I’ve got to spend money for something, then I’m willing to spend somewhat more - if it would buy something that would do an acceptable job on DS3 (1080p, i5-6500 cpu).

Suggestions for reasonably priced options? There is an open-box PowerColor Radeon RX 480 4GB GDDR5 Red Dragon at the local Microcenter for ~$140. Would that work?

At 1080p it will be fine , a RX480 is equal to a GTX970.

Thanks. Unfortunately, the RX480 vanished before I could grab it. How far down the Radeon food chain is it safe to go?

The Dark Souls series is one of my favorites. When I saw that Humble had the season pass for 50% off I was pretty excited. When I went to pull the trigger I got the feeling that I really didn’t want to play it anymore. That kinda bums me out. I can never just jump into the DLC when I haven’t played the game in a long time and the thought of replaying the base game just doesn’t appeal to me. Maybe the feeling will pass as I’ve loved each Dark Souls game.

man, just defeated Pontiff Sulyvan with a friend and discovered Anor Londo, wow, memories … those silver knight archers, how I desperately searched for humanity to be able to summon help for O&S.
(1 year after release, I am a bit late, but I am still busy with Demon’s Souls’s and DS1)

but this was really a nice gift from FROM… also my friend hates the questlines, because they get cut sometimes and you do not know what you did or did not wrong.
I like how the NPCs are placed in the world, they share there path with you for a while and then they are gone and you wonder what was that all about, and you can try to find out more about it in NG+

Take a look at The Surge. Maybe it will get you interested again?

I’m jealous of that PC price at Humble Store for Dark Souls 3 season pass. I hope I see that on Xbox soon.

I still don’t know if Dark Souls 3 season pass will be like DS1, where the DLC was the best part of an already great game, or like DS2, where I finished the main game, and was completely uninterested in doing the ultra-hard DLC.

It’s okay I guess?

Yeah, like @TimJames indicates, it’s kind of in the middle. It’s okay, I mean it’s more of Dark Souls 3 so from that point of view, you can’t really go wrong (and both feature cool new items/weapons/bosses/locations/etc.), but it’s marred greatly by people who have nothing better to do than invade constantly (constantly ) and the content is really, perhaps too hard solo. In my opinion at least.

Maybe. I mean, I love the basic Dark Souls game play and it is mostly the idea of replaying content I’ve already seen that turns me off. I guess I could always just try and pick up a save from my DS3 game and try and continue from there.

Watching people stream The Surge… and it’s not remotely going to fill that Dark Souls itch.

You can target people’s heads and just jump at them over and over and it seems the like the most effective way of beating… everything.

Rob did like Lords of the Fallen so maybe he’ll like The Surge.

So Vaatividya made what is presumably one of his “final” lore videos.

What gets me is the comments. People are thinking waaay too hard about this. It’s like reading the ravings of lunatics:

[quote]Given the evidence telling us Gael has been around since the age of gods, I believe he knew the state the Dark Soul was in, and what he had to do in order to utilise it for the new painting. He could have known about how the Dark affected Manus and Artorias but I think regardless of that he knew it would drive him to ruin. This is the reason why he chose you to complete his quest. Eons of endless death and rebirth led Gael to develop this plan for change. And is it not change and adaptability that defines the power of humanity? He did what no other dared. Gael is the epitome of human capability and hope despite his tale only being known by one other - you. And he was right.

We thank him. Everyday. Because without him, there would be no ambiguous ending and therefore little to no hope for another Souls game. A true hero. [/quote]

At first I was like, come on, let them have some fun with it.

Then I was sighing and rolling my eyes.

Then I was laughing. Surely most of them are in on the joke.

I jumped into this yesterday after a long time. I’ve forgotten how to get to the giant tree that I was last fighting from my spawn point! I’ll have to learn everything over again!

I was delighted to see how fast the animations are compared to Lords of the Fallen. LOTF feels like a slow druken sailor compared to Dark Souls 3. Even the rogue (fast) character in LOTF doesn’t feel as fast as my Knight character in DS3. Amazing how a little cross pollination between games can change your perspective.

So my new PC showed up Saturday (a full 2 weeks early) and so after letting my daughter set the damn Windows 10 you something I could understand I was soon playing DS3.
I am about 4 hours in and I had forgotten what it was like to peek around every corner because you don’t know what might be there that could kill you.

I am playing an assassin and all my deaths have come to basically two enemies, both who were faster and more deadly than any of the others. One didn’t re-spawn, but his door was locked anyway. One keeps re-spawning.