Dark Souls 3

Deactivate v-sync in your video card settings.

You asked about the dragon earlier. Did you ever explore the area in front of him? There is a nice strength weapon there you have used before. I can’t get those Knights to drop the shield I want. That is a great shield.

Agreed. He is weak to fire though, especially in his second form. I do remember the first boss in DS1 giving me a hell of a time until I figured out the jumping with the sword strategy. You know, the one they try to teach you with all the messages. :)

So I got into the Crucifiction Woods today. I was still embered from beating an earlier boss and while exploring I was invaded. The the invader was invaded by a Blue Sentinel and then in turn I was invaded by a Farron’s Watchdog. I did pretty well but the Watchdog finally got me.

This can be a crazy place for invasions like that. I have seen Sentinels turn on me and have invaded as a Watchdog only to have several people invade me.

The Farron area is the best PvP spot in the game, not just because of the interesting multi-faction fight opportunities (host, standard invader, mad invader, and Farron are all hostile to each other) but also because it’s one of the few areas in the game where the invader can spawn in locations such that the host can’t necessarily chicken out and run straight to the bonfire before being intercepted.

You’re allowed to post your play diary here, but only if you don’t get stuck on a boss for 6 months and update us on your latest failed attempt every few weeks.

What Krok said. Also, if I hadn’t kept posting about Living Failures in the Bloodborne thread, I wouldn’t have eventually followed Mike’s advice and beaten them!

Well, you could just ask for advice instead!

Yeah, somethings wrong.

I pulled up this thread on my phone and then fired up the game to compare, and no, that lag shouldn’t be there.

It’s just slight enough that maaaaayyybe I thought it was normal. But after I compared my game to your GIF it was glaringly obvious that something was wrong.

Fuck. That’s real bummer. Gonna plum some reddit threads and see what I can see.

Oh yeah, totally! I was tickled when I found it there, of all places. Great callback. Sorry if my post prior wasn’t clear, but I’m trying to get away from past weapons I’ve used. So, I won’t be using that old trusty. And I won’t be using Katanas.

It’ll be hilarious if I go through the entire game with this broadsword.

Lots of people complaining about this on Google. Is the game up to date?

You also roll upon releasing the button, not pressing it, but that gif doesn’t look like you’re taking too long pressing the button. Weird.

Damn, there are a lot of NPCs in this game!

The second (undead settlement) and third (road of sacrifices/crucifixion woods) areas were okay. Reminds me of a mix of the Forbidden Woods from BB, the Huntsman’s Copse/Harvest Valley from DS2, and the Darkroot Garden/Basin from DS1.

Not my favorite type of area, but there were good moments/enemies, and plenty of side-paths for loot hunting. I did like the sunken stone ruins and the surprising vista you see after you emerge.

Looks like I have a choice to make. I think I’ll head into the deep.

Lvl 25 now. Aside from taking my dex to 14 (for the longbow) and strength to 19, I’ve been spreading out the levels pretty evenly between Vigor and Endurance, with a point or two into Vitality.

Heh. That’s exactly what I did last night too. In this area I keep losing all my souls though, I never did go back and bank them yet. But at least I’m getting loot from those dead ends.

These dudes are tough. Not quite as bad as the black knights in the undead burg, but easily the toughest enemies in that area (well, not counting an optional dude you’ll come across shortly). I spent a lot of time fighting these knights to get comfortable with the combat. It’s a fight I eventually came to enjoy.

You find your first true Black Knight in the Crucifiction Woods, and when I beat him first try I knew that my skills had finally returned. At least for the day. :)

He destroyed me. Took a few cracks before I managed to take him down. Whew.

Very cool little area you find him in.

After he almost killed me, I just backed off completely and roasted him with a fire spell instead. Using fire is still not my first instinct, but when someone is kicking my ass enough that I run out of estus flask for health, I switch to fire and my lone mana flask instead.

He does drop his equipment but probably this early in the game is not a good time to try and farm it. That opportunity will come later.

I joined the Watchdog of Farron Covenant today and invaded a guy in the woods. But he had help. Still, I lasted longer that I thought I would. The woods are pretty much a PvP free for all.

Before proceeding any farther into the Farron Swamp I am going to return to the woods to fight the boss and then proceed in that direction. The inevitable boss in that direction is easier than the inevitable boss in the swamp.

Tempted to put Bloodborne to rest and join in on this. How essential are the DLC? Not sure whether it would be a better idea to grab the deluxe now or just get the base and leave the DLC for later.

EDIT: You know what, I just went with the deluxe, it was less than $5 more.

Join the Dark Souls summer funfest!

Yep. I just discovered Blade of Mercy at the tail end of my Bloodborne playthrough, so I’m gonna go twinblades for DS3. Downloading now. I’m actually pretty blind on this one! Might have to avoid this thread a bit except to give my own progress updates…