Dark Souls 3

Yeah…those grab attacks always kill me unless I’m topped off. What’s your weapon upgrades looking like? I think around the time I got to the swamp I noticed a drop-off in the amount of damage I was doing per swing, and upgraded my main weapon to +3. Took me three swings to kill the normal mobs, and around 6 or 7 to kill the bigger dudes.

I tend to wait for the grab before engaging, and then rely on staggers to land three hits, then back off.

Dude…I know! The tentacle faces killed me about a thousand times.

It’s called fashion souls for a reason. Armour doesn’t really matter.

The real armor was the not getting hit we did along the way.

When I’m playing as the Knight, I have more health and can get hit a lot more. It really does help. The Knight’s armor is very nice. As is having a 100% shield to start off with. My pyromancer still hasn’t found one of those that he can actually use.

I am now at exactly the same point and exactly the same level with both my guys (although in less than half the time for the second dude), and I still haven’t made a decision. They are both very interesting to play. I suppose I will head into the Cathedral with Kolbeast now that he can wield the Exile Greatsword, just to check it out.

I currently have a Lothric Knight Sword +6 and a Hollow Greatsword +2. While I like the speed of the lighter sword there are times when you need the ability to stagger an enemy, and so the greatsword. The hollow greatsword (you get for the Tree Boss’s soul) is a great dex greatsword that you can use far into the game. The one drawback for any boss souls weapon thought is the leveling up requires a rare commodity.

I finished off my work in the Demon Ruins and then helped 3 guys fight the boss. I am surprised how many people are still playing this game.

Oh, I nearly forgot. I got invaded in the Crucifixion Woods (are those ever named as such other than by Anri?), by a guy wielding Leonhard’s crescent thing, and I actually won. Was a close thing, but Vordt’s Great Hammer carried the day.

If you can time a hit with a big weapon you can win any fight. :)

This is basically my question with my twinblades: when to switch from raw to scaling. I still don’t have a good answer, which makes me quite hesitant to use the old shriving stone.

EDIT: Oh, I found this calculator:

https://soulsplanner.com/darksouls3/weaponatk

Looks like I would be better served with a Sharp infusion at this point.

Cathedral of the Deep is pretty scary!

…just wait, the game has many more horrors in store. DS3 is the most terrifying souls game (that includes bloodborne).

Finally made it to the end of the Irithyll Dungeon, only to be confronted by an area that looks much more intimidating. Instead of heading in that direction, I backtracked a bit back up into Irithyll proper. There was one path I hadn’t yet explored. Turns out it lead to a boss!

Spent a while on the Pontiff fight. He’s like a beefed up version of the frost knights. Similar moveset, similar reach with those weapons. Eventually got him down with the help of my boy Anri.

I’m a little flummoxed over what appears to be the next area. Was content to mop up the rest of the enemies near the back of the cathedral, figuring there was a bit of loot back there and not much else. That was until I got pierced through the chest by a familiar arrow.

Can it be?

You better believe it.

…boy?

Huh.

Hey, it’s 2019. If she wants to be a boy she can be.

Anri’s gender is always the opposite of your character’s gender.

Ha, wow!

Yep, Anri changes depending on your gender. Which mostly makes sense given the story beats.

I have long known that the sharp infusion was the way to go with the Utchigatana, but until this play thru I hadn’t realized how beneficial it was to a Lothric Sword. The +4 sharp is already the equal to my +6 raw.

Oh yea, it can be. This is also one of the big invasion PvP areas in the game. Coming out of the boss area embered up will get you invaded a good percentage of the time.