Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

I think the new version looks pretty much the same to me. I think if it plays at 60fps it will be fun to revisit Dark Souls at some point. I’m definitely enjoying having the better framerate on PS4 Pro in a lot of games.

I wish it also included a remaster of Demon’s Souls as well though. Oh well, maybe someday.

60 fps on a regular ps4?

I was thinking of Blighttown when I wrote the post above. By that time I am not sure you have means of lighting the world on your own.

That is also the area most people complained about the graphics/rate problems.

Any excuse to post a Dark Souls Nope gif ;)

50% discount, and old version will be delisted from the store.

Doesn’t seem that huge of a difference for graphics. And it’s funny seeing the bosses and locations again, the locations and routes and hours spent on them are still burnt in my brain even though it’s been a few years since I finished.

With the discount I will buy the new version. I suspect a few weeks of heavy action on the new version which would be fun. But no way was I paying $40 for a game I already have several hundred hours in.

I have never been in on the new release of a DS game, so this will be as close as I ever get probably.

Oh it’s definitely not a big difference compared to dsfix. The main draw for PC players is more people in multiplayer on dedicated servers, plus a fresh community playing the game.

You pay $20 and have an excuse to replay Dark Souls. That’s about it.

I’ll be playing, at least halfway through.

Well also if it performs as promised we’ll get a solid 60fps without the side effects that come with increasing frame rate in DSFix. I’m all for that. Even with a decent PC I’ll get hiccups with DSFix installed.

The remaster is out on Steam already for some reason.

Yup, Gamergate is advertising it as well.

Reviews are mixed. A lot of people are saying the ha><0rs are everywhere and their invasions are sometimes getting the invaded soft-banned.

I don’t know what that “ha><Ors” means but I had a feeling this would be the case. If I do end up getting the game (Friday late at the earliest) I figure to level up way more than normal early on just to be ready for some action.

I really recommend against playing Dark Souls on PC for this reason. The rate of poor multiplayer experience is an order of magnitude higher than on the console versions.

Yeah I’m ignoring PvP but I’m having fun with co-op and doing things a little differently than I usually do. I’ve played the game a bunch of times but I haven’t actually looked up all the sidequests and stuff like I have for DS2 and DS3.

So it’s just like the first one.

I think the multiplayer experience is overall more stable, though.

…and break time already! I beat O&S and I think I’m done for now. I just played this with the item randomizer mod a few months ago (went to every level and beat every boss) so I’m pretty burned out.

I wonder if we’ll get some nice mods for this. Graphical enhancements might work better than they did in dsfix.

Overall it’s really solid. No technical issues. Just start it up and play.

I bought the remaster and have about 2 hours okaying it and I am done. It keeps crashing, I can’t finish the Tauraus Demon fight. I have asked Steam for a refund.

My PC had no trouble with DS3 or SOFTS so I can only assume it is DS:R that is the problem.

I picked this up on the PS4 with the intent of finally finishing it, but I find it soooo intensely frustrating–despite having beaten DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne. This is still leaps and bounds more difficult for me than any of those. I’m really considering putting it down again despite not having even made it back to the Gaping Dragon yet, but I feel like I need to spend a little bit more time with it as I dropped $40 on the remaster.