Darkest Dungeon

Whaaaaat? The Vita version is delayed?

I look forward to the cancellation notice in August.

Ah, poor Vita. I LOVED the shit out of my Vita, but I sold it years ago from a lack of anything to do with it (which started right about the time I bought it…) and I’ve never regretted it - nothing has come out that I’m aware of on it that I’d really like to be playing, nothing unique anyway. Sure FFX was kind of neat, but I’d already played that game before. Same with stuff like Spelunky and the like. Great games to put on a mobile device, but I wanted experiences I could ONLY get on the Vita, and those were … pretty much non-existant, as I was looking for strategy or RPG games. Sigh. Probably the best piece of hardware I have ever held.

Town Events just went live, “completing the last of the Kickstarter game feature stretch goals.” Woo hoo! I can finally play the game for the first time post-EA!

Yes, I’m thinking the same thing. Now is the real time to start playing the game. It’s all in there now.

Was any other future content announced though?

Nope. But, according to the devs, there is more to come.

I am hoping for an easy mode for quitters like me.

Vita version is coming any minute now!

Uuuh, man does this game ever end? I’m almost 40 hours in and I haven’t done a single successful Darkest Dungeon run yet. I now have everything I need from the Hamlet, finally, but the grind is starting to get to me. High level runs are risky even with good planning, failure costing you a few grands in therapy and top tier heroes take a fortune to fully upgrade… which means more runs and more grind. Also, building a team that’s juuust the right level for a boss can get annoying.

So many runs, and they’re all pretty much the same. The game is very solid, but honestly I wish there were more unusual upgrades (everything in town is pretty straightforward) secret classes or dungeons, random events (town events are okayish, nothing to write home about) and more surprises in the dungeons.

Maybe I spoiled my patience by playing the game once in Early Access. Stupid Early Access.

Yeah, I enjoyed my time with this game, but it really falls apart for the endgame. I stalled out partway through the Darkest Dungeon after realizing how long it would take to get enough characters up to max level, especially since I didn’t need any more gold, heirlooms, or trinkets, just experience.

Just a quick bump for the legions of us waiting to play on the vita:

so still not out, but now with taunting.

Twisted and deformed, their promises mean nothing. #narratorvoice

Bummer. I have a long-ass flight next week and would love to while the hours away playing DD on the vita. Are they planning an ios version?

There’s a pre-order that’s just gone up on the European PSN Store with a 27th September date on it, which assuming it’s genuine means we’ve still got a couple of months to wait. I’m pretty keen to play this, has been hard watching from the sidelines as a lapsed PC Gamer.

Looks like it is accurate, they just did a full post announcing it:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/03/darkest-dungeon-ventures-onto-ps4-and-ps-vita-september-27/

Thread bump for the legions of people waiting to buy it on Vita.

After the high demand to purchase the game overwhelmed the Sony servers and lead to internet outages across the world, I was able to get my hands on this.

I really like it a few missions in, the controls are a tiny bit janky but I got used to them pretty quickly. It seems like a great port. The performance is pretty good with very minimal load times other than startup and you just pause/resume on the vita anyways.

uh, it looks like the controls are overly complicated… I hope they fix it, until then I have to wait. Maybe I’ll go back to the PC version.

Yeah, I picked it up the other day for my flight yesterday, and it’s not good. The control scheme is confusing and inconsistent. They made no concessions for the size of the Vita screen, and it’s pretty hard to see. It’s not well documented. When sorting team members it’s impossible to know what you’re sorting by. If you’re on a mission and have one team member selected, you can’t see the details of other team members, for example, to figure out who you want to heal. FInally, it crashes. A lot.

Their first DLC titled The Crimson Court arrives early next year!

They seem to have cleaned the crashes up with a couple patches, not that it is super promising.

I never played the pc version so the lacking things don’t stick out to me. I find the controls, while janky, pretty easy to deal with after an hour or two and googling how to equip trinkets.

I am enjoying it a lot. Vita is just way more convenient for me with my commute, and I think it works for that. But clearly it is a game better played on a pc if you had the option.

I picked this up on the PS4, and it’s pretty cool… although does seem kind of grindy in certain ways. Like, I’ve got a bunch of guys with some various psychological problems, and it costs a ton to fix them.

I also just got in a fight with some boss called “The Hag”, and it seems like you can only use attacks that target the last two rows? But… my party isn’t set up to do that? So… I guess I’m just screwed, and one of them is guaranteed to die? That seems kind of crappy. I’ve got skills that can pull and push mobs, but it seems like both her and her pot are just immune to them.