Darkest Dungeon

If I remember correctly, level 3s can now go in rookie dungeon in Radiant mode and everyone can go in medium/hard dungeons.

Yeah, you can put level 4’s in as well.

Here are the patch notes for the specific changes in Radiant:

These are from the public beta patch notes, so I crossed off what I experienced/read they dropped (hunger checks and food were not actually changed after feedback from the community, possibly other stuff - for example, unless I’m mis-remembering I’m not getting back much more money for unused provisions, 15-25g for herbs to shovels is what I remember it being).

I may have to shelve Darkest Dungeon again. I have mostly maxed out the town, and I am able to field max level, max skilled, max equipped (and with very choice trinkets) heroes but it doesn’t matter, the Champion dungeons are still just too brutal. Once more, the difficulty spike from veteran (tier 2) dungeons (which are very doable but challenging and can be scary) to champion (tier 3) dungeons is just too wide a gulf.

The enemies have vast pools of health, powerful abilities, and hit like Mac trucks (and often boost incredible levels of protection, like upwards of 70% - I am hitting for 6-12 damage against enemies that have 48 health and can do 20-30 points of stress to my entire party, or can hit for 30+ damage). It’s just unreal. I had to abandon two medium quests (out of two) and lost two max level characters in the process.

I appreciate that getting to that point takes a lot less time, but the game’s fun factor drops sharply when you get to this point and even though it didn’t take nearly so long to get here this time, it’s really not much fun when this part of the game comes up. I could just go back to rolling early dungeons, or I could keep having fun with the tier 2 dungeons and I may do just that, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to “complete” the game. Such a damned shame.

I concur but the saving grace I find is just about when I reach the point in the game you so well describe, I’ve begun to get the itch to play something else. Best I can say is that I enjoy the game very much until then.

I don’t tend to complete games.

I was thinking the same thing reading Scott’s post.

Man that 12 Pound Cannon boss is a bitch! Dinging that sucker for 1 - 5 points of damage per round when it has 75 hit points, ugh. I forgot how annoying that boss is. Yep, I try to debuff the high protection but I only get one or two shots per round after snuffing the fuse lighter.

Any tips for taking out this boss in less than 15 rounds?

The Shrieky Crow on the other hand, cha-ching! Like 50,000 bucks if you figure out the trick to that event boss and a sweet trinket thrown in for good measure…

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it/

My post above now shows the release date, but here’s the announcement:

I’ve been quietly dreaming of a Switch port for this. I have it on PC, but I’d love it on Switch.

Just picked this up on GOG (it’s on sale for $12.49). I’ve been waiting for a Steam sale, but I’m done waiting, so now it’s mine.

I can’t wait to watch all my cherished party members piss me off and die.

Crimson Court (DLC) is out, how is the Radiant mode… I might jump back into it and start from scratch, but this time for real!!$%$!

Radiant Mode is nice for starting over and not having to grind so much to get to the tier 3 dungeons, but I still find the fun grinds to a halt once you are doing tier 3 dungeons - the jump in difficulty is just beyond the pale. Tier 1 starts off hard, but as you level up and get upgraded skills and weapons/armor it becomes easy, just in time for tier 2, which is the same - by level 4 or so tier 2 dungeons, even long, are very easy. However, tier 3 never gets past the initial “this is crazy hard omfg” and it really takes the wind out of my sales. Radiant doesn’t change that, it just makes leveling up your characters and running on lower levels easier, so you can replace the guys you (invariably) lose on the tier 3 runs a little faster/easier.

That said, I really want to play some Crimson Court, but instead of starting over I’ll just use my existing game with my fairly high level roster and nearly maxed out town, and just play through the first couple bosses/teirs of the new dungeon and check out stuff like Districts and the like. I love DD but it will never be in my top X games of all time just because I’ll never be able to figure out how to actually beat it, and it gets less fun the further in you get. :(

I suspect it will require a 64-bit system, which would make me a sad panda.

Will use Dropbox to import computer saves.

Ooooh. I’ve been wanting to play and iPad sounds perfect!

It can now be your for 5 duckets

Confirmed. I’m now a sad panda.

Eventually everything has to be 64-bit, so this was never not an option for Darkest Dungeon.

If I didn’t already own DD on PC (and have played it a ton already), I’d pick it up for iOS. It seems like the perfect kind of ipad game, where it’s meaty and turn based. There are very few actually good games out for iOS that I’ve seen so far, DD would be at the top of the pile.

I can’t see it in the US Store yet, and nothing on the @DarkestDungeon Twitter feed. Do you have a link? I seem to recall that sometimes works, even when AppStore search doesn’t.