Darkest Dungeon

You won’t be able to find it on your phone, maybe is why?

Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.

Thanks, that worked. Downloading now :-)

Running on an iPad Pro, so that wasn’t it. I’m still only seeing “Guide for Darkest Dungeon” and “Darkest Dungeon Hunter” (which seems to be a completely unrelated action game) when searching for it in the store, but @Mysterio’s link seems to work fine.

I think that’s happened to me before, searching for something I know is out but can only get to it when I open a link I send myself from a PC. I assume it has to do with how they “roll out” software on the app store.

Okay, here’s my 5 minutes of play review (up through the tutorial and poking around in town). It’s way more comfortable than playing the console version, but not as nice as playing on the PC – although of course it has the advantage of portability.

The PS4 version IMO had some serious issues where the original mouse-based interface didn’t port all that well to controller-based console. It was playable, but quite awkward.

The iPad is must better about this, since you can just point to different parts of the screen instead of trying to move around with a joystick.

The iPad version still has a few issues, mostly because there’s no way to get a true hovering of mouse over items for tool tip information. So for example, once a player character skill has been selected, I can’t find a way to get tool tip information on things like enemy buffs and debuffs, clicking on an enemy immediately attacks them, so I can’t find a good way to check and see, for example, how long of a bleed an enemy has on them. It might be there’s a way to deselect my characters attack skill and then just get information, but I couldn’t find when with just a few minutes poking around.

The other issue I can see is that it all feels a bit cramped, and that’s on a 10.5" iPad. I’m not quite sure why this is. I think maybe it’s just that the game was originally designed for a larger screen and the font choices and amount of stuff packed onto the screen just feels a bit much.

But overall, it seems like a solid port for anyone looking for a portable Darkest Dungeon. Also $5 seems like a steal – but I guess that’s all they figure they can charge given how competitive the App market is.

That’s a great write-up, thanks!

Technically, the devs can target an older version of iOS and produce a 32-bit and 64-bit binary, meaning that they can support older devices if they want to.

This is what I had read.

Please give them a call, @Clay. I don’t want to lose 80% of my games and apps come OS11.

80%?! I have 2.

Then don’t upgrade to iOS 11. The point is you will still get app updates for apps that work on iOS 11 if the developer supports 32-bit on lower versions of iOS. Having been on iOS 11 betas for the summer, it’s alright for the new iPad Pros, but unless you’re a heavy Siri user, sticking with iOS 10 would be fine.

@Scotch_Lufkin iOS 11 drops support. Xcode 9 still allows devs to build and submit 32-bit updates for older versions of iOS and older devices. Think it about it for a sec: I work for the company that makes Temple Run. We have tons of players on old versions of iOS and old devices. We still need to update the game for them and simultaneously support iOS 11. Cutting support for upgrades on lower versions of iOS would be a huge financial hit to a lot of app developers.

“Sever the weakened limb; the protected foe.”

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/the-shieldbreaker/

Oooo!

According to the latest kickstarter backer email, the Shieldbreaker class is going to be a standalone DLC “with some extra goodies”

EDIT: It launches in October.

Double freaking dip time. Oh yes!

I thought it was a video of all 4 of the characters dying of heart attacks at the same time.