David Brevik's new game - It Lurks Below

I haven’t played since the original 1.0 launch and holy heck. The first actual night is brutal. Eyeballs, zombies, bugs, and the gun-toting demons non-stop! And they open doors now! WTF.

There is nothing that happens tied to nighttime in this game at this time. If you mean the first wave of monster spawns on the surface, I think it’s the same as it’s been for ages (it starts and keeps active until you kill what’s his face).

A lot has changed, especially depending on when you played beta.

I like the new enchant system with a caveat. You have to make enchant books and they sort of roll random modifiers based on strength of the enchant, and then you apply them to gear. What I don’t like is that they’re sort of tied to the difficulties. You need materials from each difficulty to use that “tier’s” enchant tomb (4 new types of drop) and they can only work onw eapons whose ilevels are from that difficulty’s range. That part feels a little headachey to me.

Also I’ve never been enamored with the gem system. I hate the way gem slots change so quickly (I like the way they work otherwise).

I thought this thread was about Breivik… Not sure I want to play that game. (He is a gamer, BTW.)

It’s definitely not the same as when I first played it. It was literally non-stop for me when I started a new game last night.

What a difference an I makes.

Oh yeah it has evolved a ton.

But it will continue until you kill the boss that spawned. He’s standing in the corrption, which starts life as a tiny biome somewhere on the surface. The game guides you through crafting armor and another weapon in the tutorial (I am so sick of the tutorial, but never mind), the weapon will definitely help and some armor at least is nice. After that no more surface enemies except during invasion events.

I think it did used to spawn enemies at night at one point.

I had nothing to do with it!

Er, wat?

:derp:

I took down the new boss. Nothing too bad, once I learned all the vulnerable points.

There is a badlands vendor who sells new runeword recipes. They are super expensive.

Re-learning the game is slightly odd. Also think I am running into some bugs.

Crafted armor can roll green/blue/purple tier. If they do, they come with bonus stats: resists, and then one or more rolled modifiers and the color tier increases the amountt all of that can roll. It’s been like this for ages. What’s weird now, however, is that I just crafted some Cobalt armor (the next to last in game armor) in nightmare mode, level 51, and it came out ilevel 3. That’s odd. And also relevant because. . .

The new enchant system requires you to craft tombs from one of 4 tiers. Each tier works on a different ilevel range. So I was expecting to do the second tier (nightmare is econd difficulty) and yet I can’t. Which is why I think the armor ilevel is a bug. Anyway, enchant tombs only spawn 1 of 4 possible modifiers. But a piece gear can take up to 4 enchants. You can get quite a boost from doing this, although it’s pricey (it takes a jar of honey to make an echant tomb; no this makes no sense).

On top of all that, there’s the runeword system. It used to be you got the recipes from special chests throughout the world. Now, you have to buy them from the lady in t5he barn with compost. Go figure. You actually hace to get the barn from the survival tree and then buy the delux barn expansion for 100k. So it’s not an early game thing, more mid. And then pay hundreds to thousands of compost per enchant recipe. Each recipie is actually a consumable that is used in creating the runeword, which is done at special alters accessed through special portals throughout the world (a scroll of portal location will tell you if (1) any are spawned in the worls and (2) reveal them on the mini map, and they show up from a fair distance away).

It’s better than the old system, both because he did a good job overhauling runes (the main ingredients of a runeword), and because there’s a little less randomness in collecting the recipes you want. The barn lady resets her inventory at midnight (like all other vendors). I suspect it will be easier to complete sets now.

So that means after you craft that juicy armor piece, enchant it to taste, slot it with an amazing gem, you get to drop a runeword recipe on top if it which adds tons of stats. And the armor runewords are all parts of sets. There’s a bunch of new runeword sets (there used to just be 2 for armor now there are 5 or 6). The weapon runewords were mercifully overhauled and now they all apply generall (they used to require specific types of weapons, and for a long time there were like 5 wand runewords but e.g. only 1 dual weapon runeword).