Days Gone coming to PC

This game’s got some bugs. The first time I ever tried to refuel my bike I got stuck in the animation and had to kill the game and reload. Just today I cleared out a Nero point that was also a ripper camp and saved, then when I turned the power on I decided I should have taken out the speakers first and reloaded, only to have almost everyone I’d just killed respawned and me right there in the middle of them. Not fun!

From reviews and comments, this seems like a definite wait for a sale title. Particularly as Biomutant is coming out next week, and I already pre-ordered that one.

Hey, don’t you want to see a sequel? You gotta buy the game at full price then or you’ll make John Garvin mad.

I’m waiting for a deep sale too.

It just builds up from the very beginning and steamrolls on all the way to the end.

If you can get through the Boozer in the beginning (it kind of pays off later as he evolves) and deal with an asshole protagonist who will absolutely learn no lessons throughout the game, then I think it was well worth full price.

Not that I paid full price… all the negative reviews threw me off trying it until it was half off.

Oh, and when I say beginning… I mean the first one to two dozen hours of the game, at least. Game is not short.

I picked it up $42ish. Want Sony to keep the ports coming…

They’d never port Spider-man or God of War but I maybe Infamous?

Honestly I wouldn’t rule any of the PS4 games out of getting a PC port just prior to the PS5 sequel release.

I jumped in at full price on the PC and on the PS4 when it first came out. The PC port looks great so far and I am almost overwhelmed by the amount of graphic options.

Sometimes you don’t realize how much you liked a game until it after you let it sit a while. After playing through the tutorial, I was actually kind of surprised how nostalgic I felt about my initial playthrough. Deacon is still a bit of a tool and the story isn’t the greatest. But there is an earnestness about it that is almost endearing. And it doesn’t interfere with the exploration of the beautiful and detailed world. So that’s a big plus.

The game’s two great highlights: the bike and the hordes, are worth the admission price alone.

Why yes, I would love 60 fps Ghost of Tsushima for PC. Give it to meee.

I have been playing this on Survival, because that sounded interesting, but in retrospect I don’t think I recommend it. The minimap is still available and kind of necessary for navigation (one muddy track looking very much like another and sightlines being pretty much nonexistent), it’s just soft gated behind an (at times) annoyingly long cooldown. I don’t mind not having enemies show up on it, which I think they might in the regular mode?

Fast travel being disabled is alright. You could just choose not to use it, which I did not for the entire first island of Ghost of Tsushima, although I am starting to wonder if I will really miss it later on in this game.

Enemies are kind of bullet sponges. I was about 50 feet from a safe haven which was being “assaulted” by three marauders. I stopped and absolutely unloaded into them from behind with my looted AK, and none of the three went down. They turned on me and it wasn’t long before I was dead, and the reload put me all the way back at the beginning of my long ass ride. I turned the game off after that.

I am strongly contemplating starting over on a regular, easier difficulty.

I normally default to a Survival mode when it is available but the option here doesn’t sound appealing for the reasons you list in your post.

On the PS4, I played on the normal difficulty setting and that felt about right for me. If I recall, even then I was struggling to keep myself geared up while scrounging for scarce supplies -especially when dealing with hordes.

I have only run into one horde so far and it was terrifying. I got the fuck out of dodge real fast.

For anyone else playing this for the first time, if you see a question mark on your minimap, I am now 90% sure that it represents an enemy who may have heard or seen you and is investigating and not, as certain other games may have trained you, any kind of side quest or what have you.

Well this seems weird.

How do Hordes work? Do you have to kill a certain number of them - are they all individually accounted for? Or do they just endlessly spawn and you have to use trickery to get rid of them?

Ok maybe I haven’t actually run into a horde per se, then, because all that happened was a ton of freaks boiled out of a train car and some ominous music started playing, so I ran away.

Think that’s one of the first you can run into as sort of fixed point (there’s some story mission around there) as kind of an intro to them, it’s also one of the smaller ones, they vary in size.

I’m not certain but I think they respawn unless you kill X% of it off, you’ll get a horde cleared notification kind of thing when you do if memory serves correctly. They can be pretty tough to deal with early on and probably best avoided until much later when you have a lot more weapons and tools options.

They usually wander at night and hole up in a location during the day unless provoked.

If I remember from my PS4 playthroughs, hordes are individually accounted for and you can wipe them out. There are points in the later game where you have to wipe out hordes. I seem to remember that they followed a migratory pattern, congregating in dark places and travelling at night.

I took a risk once and was scavenging near a horde cave just as the sun was going down and could feel the earth shake as they started moving. That was spooky.

Their source is a single Steam review and no one has been able to produce anything that resembles corroborating evidence.

Then I anxiously await any confirmation or denial.

The main thing hurting this game for me is how much goddamn gas it takes to get anywhere. That’s not a survival mode thing, is it?