Dead Space (no spoliarz)

Don’t pass me by
Don’t make me cry
Don’t make me blue

My own fault really, well me and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Even if you’d decided to play on Hard, there’s a decent chance you wouldn’t be - there’s a bug in the PC version that was never fixed where if you use the Continue option to load into the game it resets the difficulty to Normal and there’s no way to change it back.

10 kilotons big! Is that a real unit of measurement, kiloton? And if so is it bigger than a metric fuck-ton?

This is me with most horror games. Amnesia is still just a pre-ordered game. I’m amazed I got through SOMA.

I bought a 5.1 system for Dead Space on the PS3 (my PC at the time was getting a bit long in the tooth). Well, not just for Dead Space, but it was a major driver. I fondly remember being at one of the stations just listening to the ambient hum of the Ishimura and noticing an odd sound coming from behind my chair where I was playing. I looked and nothing was there. Then I turned Isaac around to see a paper cup that I’d knocked off a nearby table slowly rolling towards me. The surround sound was remarkable and I’m yet to play a game that has done that to me since!

Haha, yeah, backtracking is very much a different beast in horror games! You know stuff’s going to go down and even if it doesn’t that expectation and anticipation can ruin you.

Oh wow, yeah, me too. It is horrible.

Keep 'em up coming!

Yeah, all this is brought back to me thanks to Kroc’s Let’sPlay Lite aka a Let’s Play for those of us who don’t like watching video of other people playing games.

There were a couple of Dead Space animated movies right? I think I saw one of them.

Man, you are cranking through this game, you have officially passed me up and I didn’t even restart from the first chapter. Loving the pictures too, much sharper than the 360 version on Xbone.

My only complaints with the pictures is that they’re really bright. It takes away from some of the atmosphere that you seem to have the gamma cranked way up. Wussy. :)

Regarding those squiggly guys in your third-to-last screenshot: if you haven’t seen it before, it’s worth it to let one of them kill you just to see the death animation because it is freaky.

I like how the suit got that armor applied to it as you upgraded it.

Not scifi, but Goldfinger?

Maybe the first Resident Evil movie, with the hallway full of lasers?

I so wanted to play Dead Space 4 but sadly that’s not possible anymore. Now we’ll never know what happened after the ending of Awakened DLC.

Such fantastic level design and atmosphere in this game. I continue to love the write up and screenshots every few days! @krayzkrok

I too am enjoying this Krayzkrok. Thanks for sharing the adventure.

@krayzkrok Just wondering which Dead Space game is your favorite and why?

Really loved your playthrough of Dead Space 1. It was awesome :)

Nicely done, krayzkrok! I do love that first game, it’s ptobably my favorite though they’re all pretty good. I definitely think the complaints about DS3 are overstated but it is also a step down from the first two. Much like Alien 3!

Sad we won’t probably ever get a Dead Space 4.

Saw this recently uploaded on the webs:

Watching it now. I just got to the point where their initial design had the same movement contrivances as Resident Evil 4, i.e., not being able to move and shoot at the same time. Gah, can you imagine if the game had been like that? I wouldn’t have played through it once, let alone three times back to back.

EDIT: Woah. So after Dead Space Visceral made a bunch of duds like Dante’s Inferno and a canceled game where you play Jack the Ripper. I did not know that. And then the next Dead Space game was not Dead Space 2, but Dead Space Extraction on the Wii. This is the first time I’m seeing footage of Extraction. This game looks pretty darn cool. I still have my Wii somewhere, I wonder if I can track down a cheap copy of Extraction somewhere?

EDIT 2: Ok, 20 minutes in, and they’re talking in detail about Dead Space 2, which I’m playing now, so I’ll have to stop watching this video.