Deadpool 3 - 9/6/2024

Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine!

Dammit, I’d take twenty four shitty Deadpool sequels over one in two years! Get on it!

Absofuckingloutely.

Hell. Yes.

I’m so curious to see what an R-rated Deadpool is going to look like under Disney.

I was just coming here to post this. Its going to be interesting to see what this means for the character of Wolverine in the MCU overall. Is this a one off and they will use the good old “multiverse” to explain away a new Wolverine?

Jackman had been clear that Logan was his last turn as Wolverine. Now maybe that was a negotiating tactic, but this feels like a last hurrah to capitalize on the hype.

I’m really pleased we’ll get one more showing for him. Logan was such a horrid way for the character to go out :(

I absolutely expect this.

Now this being Deadpool, a Jackman Wolverine or a Krasinski Reed Richards could have all of 3 minutes of screen time. Who knows what this really means. This is, after all, the franchise that cast Brad Pitt as an invisible superhero and killed him off within a few minutes.

Seems like the tiny Deadpool universe exists outside even the X-verse as movie properties go, until the MCU absolutely gobbles up the X-verse I’d say they’re just having fun and can handwave it away. I certainly won’t be assed at all if Jackman is Wolverine in a Deadpool movie, those exist in a third plane for me.

Let the money printing begin!

I fully expect that this one will poke fun at Marvel’s multiverse storyline.

Now the real question is: will this Wolverine sing?

Sure, but years ago at this point. People change their minds, especially when they can work on a project with friends and have a good time. I’m super thrilled, but when I think about it, not surprised.

I’m more surprised at what a Wolverine in the MCU means - that’s probably the biggest news.

Eh, it’s Deadpool in the middle of a multiverse storyline. It means - or doesn’t mean - whatever they want it to. And whatever it means is likely to be altered by Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars in any case.

Can’t this be before the events in Logan?

It would have to be for sure, but also I don’t believe Logan was ever considered “canon”.

Ah… who cares. Deadpool movie! YAY!