Deadpool pulled from Steam

Does anyone know if the Heroes and Heralds patch still downloads for a physical copy of Ultimate MvC 3? I am tempted to pick it up now as it is looking like it might be the last MvC ever at this point.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. YOU ARE REALLY FOOLISH.

The game was removed from sale. People who already purchased it, still have it in their accounts. They can ask for refunds, even if they played it, but the game was not “deleted” and refunds automatically given.

Deadpool breaks the 4th wall to make a joke about cracking in his NFO file (bolds are mine).

ANSi JED<ACiD>

In Their 26th Year Of Glory, FairLight Released #1097

Deadpool (c) Activision: Supplied by: FAIRLIGHT: Release Date: 25-06-2013: Cracked by: FAIRLIGHT Game Type: Action
Packaged by: FAIRLIGHT Image Format: ISO
DISCS: 1 DVD Protection: Steam

System Requirements: (S)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine

Game information:

There are a few important things [b]I need to say before you crack into my
insanely sweet game. (Oof. Here we go again.)[/b] I'm a mercenary with an
accelerated healing factor. I've been described as unstable, which is just
plain coo-coo. (Wait, do sane people say coo-coo?) I'm gonna battle for
the safety of humans and mutants. (And even mumans.) Be prepared for just
about anything. (Holla!)

Features:

* I made sure to capture all my good sides, so I made my game a
third-person action-shooter. (Yep, you get to look at my heinie.)
* Keep a look out cuz some of my X-Men pals (Whoa, what pals?!) are making
an appearance. (Hope you don't mind picking hair out of your tacos.)
* I'm really good at killing, so I made it a blast stringing together
combos, and totally eviscerating my enemies. (Ev-is-cer-a-ting!)
* I brought my skills and a buttload of my favorite things. Katanas
(check), guns (bang!) explosives (boom), duct tape (quack) and of
course, yours truly - ME! (Checkmate!)

Installation Information:

* Burn or mount
* Install
* Play the game

NOTE: As usual, block the game exe in your firewall

/TEAM FAiRLIGHT

QUALITY, TRADITION AND PRIDE

(note: since this is a warez text, It may offend somebody, If this is the case, ask me and I will delete it).

Thanks. Reporting was spotty. I know there were threads of people asking for refunds. Either way, it’s gone and no one can buy it now on Steam.

As for “foolish” how’s the hunt for your copy going? ;)

It’s not. It’s over. I’m no longer looking. As I mentioned in the thread about it, that was my final bump. The offer -reward- is now withdrawn. (Might just mention this fact there too, so as to not cause any possible future dramas.)

You can wink all you want, as if you’re eluding to the fact that you could have helped, prior to you -I assume- being offended by my above comment- should you wanted to. I don’t believe you. You’re trying to exercise non existent, inferred power. Typical male peacock bullshit. Your feathers are ugly! A very reasonable price of $100USD was offered, for a bug ridden garbage game that sold for under $30, just weeks ago. No offers were forthcoming, because none genuinely exist here.

At least you accepted that you were wrong, and I appreciate that. Had you not, my next step would have been to link you dozens of regular (not Valve employee or press account) profiles that still have the game. Had you been foolish enough to doubt even that, my next step would have been to get one of my friends, who has this retched game, to play it, and take and post a screenshot of it. You can see the date and time a game is played or a screenshot uploaded. It uses Valve server time so it can not be fudged. You could have easily seen that the game was played after you claimed it was deleted from all accounts. Not only that, but just for some extra umph, I would have asked my friend to name the screenshot something specific to us. Probably something like:“Telefrog thinks he knows, but he’s wrong.” …or something even more specific.

Wow. Feeling grumpy on Monday morning?

Telefrog was wrong and I don’t agree with his gloating, told you so, RIP PC gaming thanks to digital downloads assessment, but your elaborate multi step plan to rub his face into his mistake really didn’t need sharing…

Wendelius

Thanks for laying out the steps you would’ve taken. Reading that really gives me a sense of relief knowing how close I came to my own doom.

That’s a load of old shit, finding many games that came out outside the last few can be very difficult. Remember Planescape Torment, £200 on ebay for 1 or 2 copies otherwise fuck off no one is selling it and you can’t get it anywhere, until it was re released digitally now you can get it for a few quid.

The reality is if a game is released and sells in low numbers and is then never reprinted even on disc makes it pretty impossible to get hold of and really getting all het up about 1 game when there are thousands up thousands of them is really pointless and does not back up your you are fucked theory when all games are on digital.

Like all things in the world we buy there will be occasions when we cannot buy stuff that was once available and no longer is I don’t know what is new about that.

Still don’t let that stop you blowing another fuse eh.

Yeah, the idea that everything that’s sold should be available everywhere forever is a pretty odd concept, and a very recent phenomenon. The underlying assumption for most things was always that media is ephemeral and disposable. Just look at things like the old lost Dr. Who episodes, or the countless other things that were filmed over in the studio era.

I think its a weird by-product of the DVD era, when not only could new releases be published quickly and cheaply, but they intentionally produced old catalogs in the hopes of getting people to re-buy things they already had on VHS. Now, people sort of just expect things to be available in that way despite it being something of an anomaly, historically.

Of course, it’s easy to argue that the advancements in technology make it silly to limit distribution now, but that’s a practical argument. There’s clearly a lot of cases where the rights for distribution in different regions isn’t well defined, and as a result nobody really knows what to do with it. As I understand it, that’s a big part of the games distribution puzzle, that was basically the case with System Shock, until that guy and GOG put in the footwork to resolve it.

No. You happen to need a license of x to sell x. If Activision has lost the Marvel license, it can’t sold the games anymore.

Think that they never had truly the license, it was just leased to them, for a limited period if time and only for very specific purposes.

In cases like these, the internet always provides. Online activation, online servers, copy protection, whatever, doesn’t matter.

Heck I was just reading last week how you can still play Phantasy Star Online on your Dreamcast, Gamecube, or PC thanks to fan made patches and servers. Some whackos in Japan just brought Resident Evil Outbreak for the PS2 back online.

So now if I am really interested, I can still get it and play it, but there is no way I can pay anyone for it. Sounds like win for Marvel and Activision! Great plan!

As an FYI, I purchased a physical copy of Ultimate MvC 3 this weekend for $20 and it did still go ahead and download the Heroes and Heralds update. It also did a full install just to run which is disappointing as the last thing my PS3 needs is more HD space pulled from the already sadly inept amount devoted to PSN+ games.

MLB 2K joins the dead.

“We have decided not to renew our MLB 2K series for 2014. We are very proud of the achievements made by the MLB 2K team and look forward to their contributions to our future titles, including NBA 2K – our industry’s #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise.”

Translation:

“We don’t do baseball games anymore, but we do still do basketball games, have you considered our basketball game?”

Don’t forget that they are owned by Disney now, who does this all the time with their movie properties (just recently deleted amazon digital show from people’s accounts).

Expect it from star wars down the road if they can as well.

Sports videogames are weird. Everybody only has one title they do really well. Sony does MLB really well, while 2K’s games were pretty bad. But their NBA game is top notch, while EA’s pretty terrible. And then EA does NHL really well even though there is a lack of competition. But then they kind of suck at doing Madden.

Also: Why would you want a “first edition” game? Such a game won’t have the bug fixes ;)

I just thought it was funny that even a PR announcement for shutting down game is more in service to their own awesomeness, rather than just delivering the facts.

Corrected to the more general case: I just thought it was funny that a PR announcement for <anything> is more in service to their own awesomeness, rather than just delivering the facts.

The company I work for practically always starts each PR release with “Xcorp, the world’s greatest innovator in blah blah blah we’re so great, has just released a new hunk of shit”. They’re not alone in that, either.