Death's Door - new action-adventure by the makers of Titan Souls

I generally agree. But I loved this enough that I wanted more bosses and more areas and more music and more abilities.

Speaking of music, god, I just loved how the rhythmic music kicked into high gear in the Ceramic Manor, timed to the exact rhythm of all the platforms that went up and down. A beautiful example of video/audio synchronicity.

I finally got the bomb ability. Oh Yeah!

The flooded fortress area is so gorgeous. The use of color in this game is just so sublime.

Heehee! Finally got the Conga Line achievement. They’ve been teasing me with that one since the beginning of the game. I actually got it while backtracking looking for more areas to use bomb on.

I got it in the Estate of the Urn Witch. The garden area, where the secret passageway leads, has two seed pots, once you go back and get both of them and lead those little guys back, there’s more than enough to form a congo line.

As I was playing last night, I noticed that my brain has already gotten used to the flooded fortress area and stopped being impressed by it. And I kind of resented that. I realize that’s just the way our brains work, we can’t constantly keep looking at the same things and continuously be impressed by them. But sometimes I kind of wish it worked that way.

I beat the Frog King last night. And then after the funeral, there was nothing? No new ability, no doors that opened up and lead to anywhere else. I guess I’ll just go on my way. It just seemed weird given the way the game has operated so far.

I didn’t miss something did I?

Unfortunately, I tried finding him after I got Grandma, but I never can find that spot again. I’m sure the game will guide me there eventually.

I got about 4 achievements yesterday. Quite a feat for a game which doles out achievements so rarely. I guess they’re back-loaded near the end of the game.

Currently I’m stuck on top of the mountain because I require a key, and I have no key. So I’m going back through the rest of the game looking for areas I have access to now, hoping I’ll also find a key somewhere. Though logically, the key should actually be on the way up the mountain, in an area that I just missed somewhere. But I’ll keep looking. This is a good excuse to backtrack now that I have a grappling hook.

Why aren’t there more games like this? This game is sooooooooo good.

No, in the third area, before I can get to the renegade crows camp.

Past that. I activated all 4 flames and got above it. But there’s a gate that requires a key.

I found it before I read your post! Damn hallways that blend in!

Last night I successfully did this little frozen lake area that lead to a Guardian shrine. Very cool. It was frustrating at first, but it felt great when I finally got it.

How many hours do you have in this? Good old How Long to Beat lists a “completionist” run as 14 hours but I get the impression from your posts of…more than that.

My Xbox app says I have 16 hours 27 minutes so far. I’m not sure how close I am to the end though.

I always go way, way slower than How Long To Beat. I think they get their stats from Tim James.

I’m at 12 hours, and have just beaten the second of three major story bosses. No idea how much endgame will remain after the third.

Got to the top and beat the beast. And then I went through the door, since I figure the game won’t end yet since I don’t have the last ability yet that will let me have all the traversal stuff so I can collect everything. I need that last ability damn it! I’m guessing it’s some kind of teleport with all those big circular pads everywhere.

You have GOT to be joking.

So have I screwed myself by going through the door then? Am I past the point of no return? Or is there a way back later?

EDIT: Oh hey cool, I’ve never tried this before, but when you select “Leave” after dying during a boss fight, you er… you leave! So I can still go back.

Yep, got the pads thanks to your post. And now I have all the seeds planted. And a few more pray shrines. Looks like I still have 4 more magic shrines left, 2 more health shrines, and 5 more shiny things left to find.

I tired it about 3 times, and I think it only gives me the same 3 pieces of advice. I think I’ve already found those three?