Dec. 5th, 2008 Update (PLEASE READ IF YOU TRIED TO REGISTER FOR Qt3)

Incidentally, I am one of the idiots who came out of the woodwork the last time around. Thanks for having me.

I was being sarcastic. :) The P&R folks play by a whole different set of rules that I can never hope to understand. Andrew and McCullough and others seem to know them, but choose not to issue the handbook. I am floundering around in one P&R thread trying to flesh out the gray areas of an issue I had and am slowly failing.

I always thought that both wrecking and wreaking were proper when discussing the havoc one has wrought. It appears that while there may be some popular disagreement about the usage, Merriam-Webster sees fit to include the phrase “wreck havoc” in its definition for “wrecking”. Still, I think the proper usage is a little too close to call to legitimately correct others on it. Plus, whenever you get into correcting others’ grammar and spelling on a message board, invariably you yourself will make a flub. It’s the circle of life.

I wonder if Denis Dyack got through. He commented about not being registered back at E3.

That’s weird. I’ve seen him post here before. Unless that’s another Denis Dyack.

He’s posted before, but something happened (like he forgot his password and couldn’t log back in or something), and he tried to re-register, and I figure his second registration was caught in the queue or something. He wanted to jump into a Dyack-centric thread, but couldn’t.

Think of all the drama we missed out on. Dammit!

Weren’t we explicitly discussing his unusually sudden withdrawal at one point?

Yeah, I think we were. I think I just assumed his PR handlers had cut the cord off of his keyboard.

Or, apparently, changed the passwords to all of his online accounts.

They’re clever, because it apparently worked.

Denis Dyack is actually a Futar.

touché

Now to unleash my horde of penis enlargement pill selling forumites!

Woe unto you, who has unleashed me!

Cheese it everybody, it’s frank!

That does it, either frank goes or I go!!! Oh wait, I am not sure I am in a position to issue ultimatums.

PM sent.

I know just the thing for those feelings of inadequacy.

Really, though, it’s nice to be able to post here after lurking so long.

How about they get a sense of the community before deciding to stomp around telling people how stupid they are for thinking what they think, and that their fully formed wisdom will be the true revelation?

All hail newbie!

This I agree with. Hello, East Bay neighbor.