Dec. 5th, 2008 Update (PLEASE READ IF YOU TRIED TO REGISTER FOR Qt3)

Derek Smart! Derek Smart! Derek Smart!

REPORTED

• Alan

Kidding!

Maybe we’ll get Koontz 2 instead.

As I’m fairly new myself, I’ve never been around when this happened. Do a lot of idiots really come out of the woodwork? I’d think only people that actually cared about participating would check back (especially after waiting 4 months) and realize they’d been admitted, especially if Tom is a diligent about sending that mass “CONGRATS!!1!” email as he was about the strict vetting.

Speaking of Derek Smart, can anyone link to some of his past craziness on QT3? That was long before my time.

Atleast we have Bill D. around here. I get this warm feeling all over knowing he is ready to smack down anyone who deserves it.

When we speak of these idiots as longtime Qt3ers, if you do not recognize those that are idiots, it may just be that…

[;)]

This bodes poorly.

Clearly I am an idiot. I thought I was asking if a lot new accounts showed up and started wrecking havoc when a lot of new people were admitted all at once in the past, but I guess I somehow asked if the couple of isolated people already mentioned were idiots while at the same time exposing my lack of knowledge regarding their antics. Thanks for clearing that up!

Also, I’m in love with my run-on sentence!

I know what you were asking, I was just being a dick.

Yes, every goofy poster you could imagine showed up. Kids, Viral posters, automated spambot posts, dogs and cats lliving together…

It was crazy for a bit and there was much hand-ringing, but surprisingly enough, the forum survived and few people were physically harmed.

I can hardly wait for the new folks to show up in P&R and start telling us WHAT’S WHAT with their OBVIOUS WISDOM.

Mass hysteria!

So yeah, it sounds like the walls in the 53rd precinct were definitely bleeding.

(in the butt)

I figure a person’s ability to offer intelligent political commentary is unrelated to their Quartertothree post count.

Please don’t do that. It’s a longshot, but what if it works?

You are wrong as the Qt3 post count is much less important when compared to segregated number of P&R posts. That is the key factor when measuring one’s ability.

So what you are saying is that someone would have to say dumbass things several hundred times before becoming not a dumbass anymore (or, put nicer, before being taken seriously)? Or, if they were wise, they would realize they were a dumbass and never post, thus never graduating beyond being a dumbass, because they would never accumulate posts and never be taken seriously if they did decide to post one day?

No it’s this: If they have more than 25 posts in P&R, they’re not to be trusted.

I guess I misunderstood.

I find myself reading “Death and Taxes” whenever I see the “Politics and Religion” board on the board list. There’s no commentary there. Just something weird I thought I’d share.

A financial crisis and now, this? God, why have you forsaken me?

PS. I’m surprised a pleb like me is still around. heh.