Deception: Murder on Quarter to Three Forum Game

I was assuming the spinny whirling blades of death at this point if it’s the blender.

Note: I am not responding to anything about strategy or tactics. I am only allowed to communicate through the placement of the markers on the clues.

Here is the final scene clue:

You now have a while to discuss freely, and I will then prompt you for your 100 word presentations (in player order). Once we go into presentations, you may only post if you want to use your badge to mace your accusation.

Ah, it’s a family matter. How does that help us?

Yeah, it’s a bit puzzling to me too. There’s a number of things that could be family related, but aren’t necessarily family related. Socks? Cat? Stamps? Peanut? A dozen other items? It’s not entirely clear.

For me, it’s mostly useful for what Clues it helps rule out, e.g. things like the fax machine, fiber optics, perfume, lip stick, handcuffs, etc. which would be more closely associated with Colleagues, Employers, Lovers, etc.

You could have just stuck to Lovers.

Well, perhaps not for the fiber optics.

I would posit that this clue is probably not terribly useful and that is why he chose it last. But obviously it’s still worth considering.

A reasonable point. It’s clearly something though. Each of those right four information boards has a very obvious “no link” answer at the bottom.

Well, is anyone here a relative of Tom? I know it’s unlikely but if someone is, it would narrow things down quite a bit :)

No. Though a few of us have seen him in person.

I would say this probably relates to the clue, but not sure how.

The most ‘relative’ versus ‘lover’ or ‘friend’ clue is the IOU, but none of Rich’s weapons really jive with the weapon clues.

I agree that relative is not a hugely helpful clue. My CraigM is CraigMurderer theory would rely on the stamps as the relative evidence, I suppose. I guess he needed to write a thank you note for the nice Cleaver he got from Tom.

Agreed on it not being incredibly helpful. Will be more useful if he subs that board out first, then we can probably dismiss Relatives as a really weak connection. I’m ready for presentations whenever we want.

We can go into presentations, in player order. @CraigM starts. Please tag the next one in line.

Maximum 100 words.

No other posting except if you want to use your badge to make an accusation.

I will keep it brief, as I’m running on very little sleep.

There are a few plausible options, but at this time I don’t know we have enough to decide on, particularly the clue.

I need sleep. Go @rowe33

@rowe33

Oh crap, sorry, missed Craig’s tag!

I feel that our expert has been zeroing in on the murder weapon for us, possibly because the current boards don’t really fit the Clue portion. Cleaver would be my best guess so far as it seems to be the best fit for the bullet points at this time. Happy to listen to everyone’s opinion though, as we have more bullet points to come!

@scottagibson

@scottagibson

I don’t think I’m next. Player order after Rowe is @CF_Kane.

Indeed, thanks @scottagibson

As I’ve stated before, the most likely suspect is CraigM(urderer), who has both the appropriate weapon, a cleaver, found in a kitchen that can chop someone into bits and pieces by a muscular person in a conflict. That would count as a severe injury in my mind. Of course, he writes thank you notes to his relatives with stamps, but that is the weakest part of this analysis.

@RothdaTheTruculent is up next.

Oops, was thrown off by the player lists in the first posts, since I’m second there also.