Deep Rock Galactic (now out of early access!)

Played a great multiplayer session with Brian and other Space Game Junkie regulars earlier, but I skipped the tutorial mission and now I can’t figure out how to start it again. Anyone know the trick?

Also played a single player mission on “normal” I guess. Completed the objectives but still didn’t make it back to the drop pod, which was frustrating. I managed to follow the mule for a good part of the way, then was set upon by monsters and just couldn’t keep going what with all the craziness combined with navigating the terrain.

That was so fun man! Apparently you can relaunch the tutorial from your pod when you’re alone.

I heard you want a post launch roadmap? Yep!

EXCELLENT. This game is already amazing, just give me more of it.

Thanks for updating the thread title!

Tom ninja’d my thread title.

I had a surreal experience playing this game today. Again on normal, supposed to pick up 200 morkite and 20 bulbs of some kind. Anyway, sometime close to when I hit the button for the mule to make its trek back to the drop pod, I hear the music box tune version of Scott Joplin’s “The Entertainer” playing, and I think it’s coming from the mule and “isn’t that clever.” Wasn’t till I quit to desktop that I realize I’m still hearing the tune and that it’s an ice cream vending truck outside. :-D

BTW, I still didn’t make it back to the pod on the second solo outing. How often do you all? The terrain is what gets me. If I had wings or a jetpack I’d be golden.

Oh, for those wondering how to restart the initial tutorial, it’s now on the Getting Started screen of the Miner’s Guide, no longer the panel in the main area that it used to be.

I have one word for you Papageno, ziplines.

So far I’ve only failed to make it back once because I lost the trail from the mule.

Most of the time? Almost always, the times were we lose, we usually lose before the extraction part.

What class are you playing? The driller and the scout are the ones that have the easiest mobility to reach the extraction point. It’s normal in online matches to have the driller just drill a straight line to the exit, no reason to not spend fuel at that point.

Also, get good with the mantle ability, including jump+mantle. You can climb up more than it may seem at first.

Some other hints: when opening up new tunnels, putting zip lines, etc on the journey down to the depths, have in mind the return trip you have to do later. Sometimes it’s a question of a few more hits with the pickaxe to make a way that can be jumped up in addition of jumped down.
And you don’t have to trigger the red button on Molly when you are on the deepest point, you can go up for a while, then hit the button, so you will have more time and less enemies to fight.

I’m stealing these clips, they are cool

Amazing

I finally completed a solo mission successfully and made it back to the drop pod. Went back to the drop zone before I hit the button and it’s a lot easier to follow Molly going downhill than uphill (because of course the pod isn’t going to conveniently drop where you are already).

BTW, is the secondary objective something you should be able to complete? Because I looked and looked and couldn’t find enough of it (a mineral in this case).

Finally, what are you supposed to do with crystals? You can pick them up and throw them but can you take them back with you for credits somehow?

I think every map has 2-3 possible places for the drop pod to appear, the game just pick the furthest one. You don’t have to go all the way up before pressing the button, try to only climb up up to the middle point of the mine, that way wherever the drop pod appears, you shouldn’t have to walk a lot.

Yes. A scout that illuminates with flares is pretty good to find them. The only hard secondary objective imo is collecting alien fossils, because a lot appear near ceilings.

S̶n̶i̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶w̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶a̶i̶n̶e̶. Joking, I don’t know what crystals you are talking about. A screenshot? What’s the name?

If it’s red sugar be careful, its highly addictive.

I will be around to play most nights this week ahead, if anyone wants some help learning the ropes.

Re: crystals, the one I found last time was called “compressed gold” and the description said it was worth a lot of credits. I don’t know if the idea is that you schlep it with you into the drop pod as you’re leaving or what.

Huh, did you try putting it in the mule?

I don’t really see how one would do that. It’s a big honking thing that isn’t just something that appears in your interface but has a 3D model and all that. When we played the other day Spaz started talking about them because he had found one, but something happened and he didn’t finish his thought.
I’ll try asking him on the Discord or look in the Steam forums.

Yeah those big crystals go in the mule.

They shrink as you pour them into the mule. You can also deposit them on the side of the drop pod , if you can walk it back, lol.

It’s uhh… quantum science! Speaking seriously, I always imagined they are broken down by Molly.
Same with Enor Pearls, btw.