Deleted scene from KNOCKED UP

“Don’t let the door hit your vagina on the way out.”

I expected more comedy and less romance, but it was a great movie overall. Not laughters all the way through it but it had a lot and the underlying story was good, too.

“This room has five types of chairs.”

I get where you’re coming from. This isn’t Shakespeare, but I didn’t feel the guy antics were as tacked on as you did. It seemed to be pretty central, to me at least, to show Ben Stone(d)'s transformation from burnout to adult. Obviously, it also provides the context for some of the best jokes in the film (the beard jokes, stoner jokes, etc). Either way, it’s not a very deep story.

Also: “…it’s not like a dog, it’s doggy style…”

I thought it was brilliant and better than 40YOV, which was probably my favorite movie of last year, so that’s fairly high praise for me. I was genuinely touched by it and, while not married, found a lot of the concern about long-term relationships’ effects on couples to be really honest and accurate.

I did not think it was as funny as 40 YO Virgin, but then the material was more relatable (is that a word?) so it could not be quite as far out. I agree people w/o kids will not appreciate it as much. I thought it was good.

“Marriage is like an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond except is isn’t funy and it does not last 22 minutes. It last FOREVER.”

Quotables is what makes a comedy great, so if you avoid a comedy due to the fear of great lines, I am not sure what you go to them for.

“John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I’ll make it rain out here.”

Aaannd others from Do You Speak Vince Vaughnese?

“You’re like Babe Ruth’s gay cousin. Ga(y)be Ruth.”