Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

So maybe my fing key did not work? I still see “purchase for PC” in the Blizzard App. WTF?

Did you enter the key at battle.net, or bungie.net? How many digits were in the key, 9? 16?

That was it. It’s soooo fucking stupid to have to get a key for a key.

Yeah, had to do the same thing from GMG. No idea why they did it that way, but I suspect we will have to do it again with the actual game codes.

@rei interesting

I got into the “early” (28th) open beta by signing into Geforce Experience. It just prompted me to link my B.net account. I’m downloading the 16GB open beta right now. I haven’t bought the game.

What gpu do you have?

GTX 1080 without any promo pack-in game.

FYI, there’s a new whql nvidia driver, 358.41, with updates for Destiny Beta

Do all Geforce owners get into early access beta if they sign into/run Geforce Experience?

No. Nothing happened when I tried it, and I bought my card in March. Or maybe it’s US-only?

I’m in the US and didn’t see anything. Also probably got my card near the start of the year.

Friend who bought a 1080 just before got a “No way” reply from Nvidia, so he wasn’t happy about that.
Checked bnet now, and no way to preload it for the “free” demo tomorrow.

Anyone grabbed it on the PC, how was the transfer rate?

Everyone can play starting tomorrow. Playing today requires pre-orders or other rigmaroles.

Is this the same beta that console players got earlier, or does it have something new in it that wasn’t in the previous beta?

That was the alpha beta, this is the beta beta.

Mostly the same. I think the multiplayer map is different. And the hub area is not available this time, I think.

I don’t recall the hub area being available on the xBone preview (except for the campaign mission).

My mistake. It’s the control map that’s different, btw.

Also, I gather this is a big deal:

https://mobile.twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/902025264036691969

Currently receiving this error. You know, if Bungie wants to take their support up a notch, they should have the game start playing “Careless Whisper”

In all fairness, saxophones are not that easy to play.