Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

So what is the deal with the Qt3 clan? When I look in the game it says the clan is provisional as it doesn’t have enough members. Does that mean we’re not earning clan rewards now? This is The Science Team I believe.

I believe that most of us (by which I mean, me) bailed and joined the main Qt3 clan. Should be a link to join upthread.

Is that one different from the one @Jason_McMaster started?

Believe this is the one, the original Qt3 clan that we are working with.

Yeah, I thought everyone had left. I’m sorry! Go ahead and apply to this one and I’ll accept you asap

Ah so how to I leave my current clan?
Edit: I clicked that link and accepted the invite but it told me I had too many invites? Do I need to leave the other clan first?

Yeah I hit that error too. You have to bail out on the other clan first. Should be able to do it on the bungie.net site.

Awesome, I’m in!

This sounds like a dumb question, but what’s the difference between team chat and fire team chat? Are those not the same people?

No tokens stockpiled, though I also finished one exotic weapon quest that day.

At ~260 legendary engrams drop like candy, but are also guaranteed useless if you’re in a “steady state”. The system leaves the steady state when you get an exotic / luminous for a slot where you have a below average item. This will probably raise your light level by ~2 points, so legendary engrams will drop at a higher level. This allows you to replace more gear, which feeds back into a higher light level. So those individual pieces of good gear have a bigger effect than they first appear to.

(It’s possibly I got very lucky; but the main point is that luminous engrams are going to be the main source of progress, and they can’t be farmed due to being time-gated.)

I’m at 274 and literally nothing drops higher than 265 for me, unless it’s by virtue of already having a legendary mod to bump it up five. The only things that come in above the 265 “limit” for me are the powerful engrams for the weekly gated stuff. I must still be missing something, maybe it’s luck?

The confusing bit is that the game tracks the power levels both with and without mods. The displayed power level includes the mods, but drops work on the unmodified one. I got an alt to 276 today with just a couple of legendary mods installed, which means 274 or 275 base power. All the drops are 268. You probably have a lot more mods than that, so a base power of maybe 270-271? And then drops at 265 make sense.

Just got the MIDA Multi-tool which was enough to bump my max power level to 276, which just bumped up “normal” rewards from people at the tower to 267. I’m guessing that means drops will be 267 instead of 265 too.

This definitely hasn’t been slowly creeping up though, because it’s been 265 since around the time I hit 265. For ten points, my drops seemed capped and only the powerful engrams and exotics would exceed it.

So weird. I was absolutely on some kind of plateau I don’t understand, because I was stuck at 265 drops for a long time, and I don’t think it was a mod thing. Once I hit 276 as I mentioned above, something changed and now my drops and vendor rewards are creeping up in line with my power level, always staying right around 9 points behind my max level. I got up to 279 before calling it quits tonight.

The light level of stuff you get is directly tied to your current light level (ignoring mods).

Normal drops and rewards will keep you at the same light level, powerful engrams will raise it.

I did the two climatic battles tonight. About 20 hours all told. Very cool. Single Player campaign not as fun and challenging as Destiny 1, but it has a coherent story and much more spectacle.

Foetracker hunter helmet is available from Xur this weekend, and you should buy it.

Lucked into a Foetracer drop already so I’m considering picking up The Wardcliff Coil. Any impressions?

Reddit seems to think it’s a lot of fun for public heroic events and glorious accidental suicides. I’ve got the shards, I’ll pick it up.

Probably half my rocket launches end up in this. What the heck, pretty sure I’ve got the money.