Destiny 2 - I don't have time to explain Bungie's MMO shooter 2.0

The screen. It’s been sitting there, pulsing, ever since I got to the farm. Looks like it’s trying to tell me I’ve got a message, but clicking on it does nothing, and I have no messages at the postmaster.

I may just be drawing a blank on something obvious, but I don’t remember anything showing up in the bottom right. Is it possible it really is a windows notification? :)

This sort of thing is the kind of game design I hate. It’s like the Call of Duty Zombie BS.

Try pressing “T”

I signed up for the QT3 clan. Waiting for approval.

Man, this engine is solid on PC.

I was looking for some reviews on Steam, none to be found? Not sure this will get me off Overwatch to be sure…

It’s not a Steam game… it’s on Blizzard’s Battlenet.

oh yeah I meant battlenet… I guess I can check out the forums

Yeah it runs like a dream, fully maxed-out, no problems at all. Quite a looker too.

Also it’s only been out 8 hours. Though I guess that’s long enough for some people to reach cap on all classes hey! :)

Not really any surprises so far - if you played the beta, that’s what you’re getting. Looks, plays, and runs great.

looks like there is no battlenet forum for Destiny 2? What am I missing?

Probably look on the Bungie forums? It’s not a Blizzard game, they’re just running the network.

*edit: one thing … there’s no volume control for the music? It’s great but I’d like to turn it down just a smidge…

ahh ok, it seemed intuitive to expect a forum on battlenet where the game is bought and… hosted? I peeked in to the Bungie generic platform Destiny 2 forum, it looks like everyone hates it? Not sure if they’re referencing the PC release in particular… I’ll let the dust settle on this one.

I just finished patching, hadnt done anything since Beta. Game tells me I have not been invited to play. Any ideas here?

The Bungie forums have a bad reputation. I’ve barely ever visited, so I don’t know if it’s earned, but the reddit community thinks they’re awful.

ahh ok I’ll check out reddit then

Duh, NM, I see they sent out a second key in addition to the Beta one.

I know the OP doesn’t have time to explain Bungie’s MMO shooter 2.0, but does anyone else?

I have read a few beginner guide thingies online but I still have a few questions that I somehow missed:

• Are console and PC people playing together on the same servers?
  • Is gun loot like Borderlands, where there are many randomised things and some really cool unique effects from the rarer stuff?
  • Is there a skill tree / trait system / something like that? I guess I am asking how much RPG is in the game which allow you to customise your subclass?
  • How many raids are in the base game without buying any expansions or priced DLC?

Really enjoyed my time with it today. It’s gorgeous and runs great. The controls feel good, as do the weapons. Got the second Titan subclass unlocked. There’s so much going on that I’ve barely left the area near the church in EDZ because I keep getting drawn into stuff.

Not randomized, no. That was changed in D2. But there are lots of different weapons and they do have different special effects (particularly the purples and yellows). From what I’ve read, some of these are comparable to what you’d see in Borderlands

Kind of, but it’s a bit different. There are three classes. Each of those has three subclasses. Each of those has two main path options. Plus there are other options as well (for instance, each subclass can choose/switch between three grenade types). So, there aren’t a massive amount of choices for any one thing, but a fair number of combinations when you put it all together. The things you have unlocked can be switched on the fly to suit the situation. For instance, you can switch freely between the three subclasses once you have unlocked them all).

One right now, but more are presumably coming

No