Deus Ex 3

People who don’t want mouse coordination to be the main factor in whether or not shots should hit shouldn’t be playing FPS then?

Your probably confusing Deus Ex with System Shock 2, where you needed advanced cybernetic modules to figure out that shooting a shotgun requires pulling the fucking trigger.

Otherwise, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with stats determining gameplay skill levels, that’s the definition of an RPG.

Hahaha let’s not have this turn into a discussion of the definition of “RPG”.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/square-enix-providing-deus-ex-3-cinematics

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BAH hahahaha

Can someone explain to me why this is bad? I’ve seen several forums just melt out of horror over this annoucement. I don’t get it. Square’s CG tends to be decent. I doubt this means Deus Ex 3 will feature a Girlly Man as the central character.

Why’s everyone down on Square doing cinematics? They FF cinematics look the way they do becuase they’re based on the FF concept art and design, there’s no way you can’t say they’re technically excellient. Most game CGI looks worse than in-game stuff, but the Square CGI is universally great.

My only concern is that the in-game cutscenes and gameplay fill feature Caucasian looking characters, while the CG movies will have the same characters as Japanese-looking characters. That caused a major disconnect for me in Final Fantasy X, and it was the same company developing the CG cutscenes and the game! I don’t care which way they go, but make them look consistent damn it! A Japanese man with blonde hair (Tidus in the CG cutscenes) just brings to mind a completely different type of attitude than a Caucasian man with blonde hair (Tidus in the in-game cutscenes and gameplay).

I did a single post in other forum, about how now in the future everyone is metrosexual ;)

Wow. Prerendered cinematics huh? They really don’t understand what Deus Ex is.

I think that’s just because they hadn’t finalized the in-game models when they had to lock the cinematics.

SE did a CGI short for the Animatrix and I don’t recall the characters looking like they were Japanese.

The existance or lack of cinematic doesn’t really affect the game itself, it could be an excellent Deus Ex with some sweet cinematics.
But in the other hand cinematics are kind of… non interactive. And Deus Ex is all about pushing forward how interactive can be a videogame, how much you can empower the player with choices. In the narrative, in the missions, in the sytle of gameplay, etc.

Well as long as those cinematics are:

1. written by nonjapanese guy and designed in western style consistent with rest of the game

2. extremely rare, ideally used only for intro and outro

it should be ok.

Sure, and customization. Not being able to alter the way you look seems minor but it is indicative of where they are taking this property, and they aren’t taking it to good places.

I believe the article just says that it may be for the opening and marketing materials. Nothing confirmed in-game for now.

I don’t really remembering being able to alter my look in the original so that concerns seems misplaced.

You can choose a skin color type I think. Maybe Square could use this game as a platform for semi-custom CGI stuff, but I doubt it.

There were a number of cutscenes in the original Deus Ex (just rendered in game instead of prerendered), so I don’t see this as a doom sign by itself. You just lose out on choosing one of two or three options…

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to pick your name, but get used to your ‘code name.’

Saw this on Blue’s News, an interesting statement on bit-tech:

It has been confirmed that the game is a cyberpunk prequel to the first game though and that it won’t be getting a console release due to the complexity of the game.

Too complex for consoles? PC Only release? Almost sounds too good to be true. If it is, I’m stoked!

When you read behind the lines, in means the team is too inexperienced to ship a console version. So likely the PC version will be broken buggy crap.