Dexter

Or perhaps she kills the ex with the help of Dexter and becomes even more like him? It’s funny how I watch it and just WANT Dexter to slay the ex-hubby on the spot. This is a sick show but it’s fun to watch.

They are setting Rita up just like they are setting up the Sis and Dex as well for that matter. The showdown is going to be a must watch for sure.

One thing I find strange is I think Rita is attractive but I’m not sure why it is I feel that way. She’s not my normal type. Where do I recognize her from? She seems really familiar.

Just because its Showtime doesn’t mean anything. A few months ago, Huff was cancelled at the end of its second season without a proper ending. Great, critically acclaimed show, but apparently no one was watching it.

Really? More than just the pilot was shot outside LA. The scene where dexter is eating lunch with his sister was shot in Ft Lauderdale, I’ve been there.

Dexter was ordered for a t least another full season, in case anyone is worried. It’s also getting really good ratings and a ton of critical praise.

That’s very good news on both counts.

She played the vampire “Darla” on both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

And as for each season being one book, it’s very possible. If so, they’ve already laid down the groundwork for the second season (and second book, which I’ve read). I don’t want to spoil anything, but there was a plotline that happened this season that didn’t seem to tie into anything, but does relate what (sorta) happens in the second book. I’ll let you guess if you like. Or tell me if you want at least a hint as to which character it relates to.

There’s a third Dexter book due next summer, I believe.

Hey, if you’re going to potentially spoil something about upcoming episodes, get your own thread! :)

-Tom

Just watched last Sunday’s Dexter. This show just keeps getting better. I can’t help pulling for the guy. I’m not sure I have attachment to either the captain or the lieutenant so whichever one wins the upcoming face off … I guess I’m okay with it. Angel plays a good cop so the scene with Rudy was tense, I enjoyed that subplot. The quick wrap up with Rita’s situation was unexpected though. I thought for sure that would drag out a bit more.

Is the finale this weekend?

I’m torn on the captain vs the hottie lieutenant. The captain is a more convincing character but the hottie is hot.

She’s okay. I do like her better than the captain though. I wonder what they are going to do with Dex’s sister. I could see that going a bunch of different ways.

I also smell the end for Rudy but I’m at a loss to who’s going to do it. I want to time travel to Sunday night.

It ended pretty well, although I was a little disappointed in the ending, having read the book this week (I just couldn’t wait!) It’ll be interesting to see if/how they adapt the second book, which is more film length than season length.

BTW: I got to watch it in HD for the first time this week, and it’s absolutely gorgeous!

Meh, I totally saw the big reveal coming. :( I do have to say I was disappointed with how it played out between Rudy and Dexter. Their dramatic confrontation felt kind of flat to me.

At least they gave a nice bit of weight to what Debra went through. The scene in the ambulance with her and Dexter was really nice.

All in all, I suppose I’m satisfied. Although I’m not sure I feel it was worth the 12 hours invested. And I’m not exactly on tenterhooks wondering what’s going to happen with Rita and the shoe, whether Rudy’s ever going to be back, and what Doakes is going to do.

-Tom

Spoiler space, or something…

The book ending is a lot better. In the book, it’s LaGuerta that’s following Dexter because he did something to make her suspicious. She is the one who busts in while Dex is dealing with his temptation, and instead of killing Deborah, his brother kills LaGuerta and gets away completely.

The whole thing with Doakes and following Dexter happens, and becomes a major plot point of the next book.

Aww, too bad they wussed out. I was wondering if the series was going to have the guts to actually kill someone who mattered. I would have taken LaGuerta (I swear, I keep hearing her name as Laguardia…), but if Dexter was really truly dark, they would have killed Deborah. But I hope they at least make her a tougher character next season instead of just continuing the ‘aw shucks’ loser-at-love podunk girlcop schtick.

-Tom

That would’ve been a way better ending. Heck, even just having Rudy not come back after he escaped out the tunnel would’ve been better. Then at least they could’ve been pen pals, maybe take a family vacation down to Mexico and kill some drug dealers or something.

I’m with you, secretary. I think a lot of the credit for the emotional integrity of the scene goes to the actors. Michael C. Hall is brilliant… but we know that already. I think the actor playing Rudy (Christian Camargo) really played his part with the perfect amount of intensity and controlled rage. I was totally sucked in, and bought the whole package from beginning to end.

“Does it have to be Deb? But… I’m very fond of her.”

I loved: “Aw, Deb. You know I never wanted you to get hurt.”

snifffff “I know.”

“I can keep going on like this all night if you want.”

! baaaaahhhhh :`````(

So deliciously fucked up. The scenes with Deb and Rudy on the last two episodes made me writhe.

They were already giving her a lot more depth as a character throughout this season. (See: The episode where she heads to Dexter’s real father’s house; the last few scenes of her tracking down the Ice Truck Killer.)

I would be very surprised if she comes out of this whole Rudy thing intact. She should be both unable to trust anyone again for a long, long time, plus even more wrapped up in Dexter, which is exactly what he doesn’t want. If they don’t go shmaltzy next season - and they might - there is a great opportunity to contrast the reaction to Dexter’s revelations between Deb and Rita. For some reason I can see Rita being okay with Dexter’s after school activities. I hope someone freaks out if they find out, because otherwise it’s going to end up with Super Dexter’s secret identity being protected by a cabal of regular Joes. He’ll be Miami’s pink-lipped Batman.

I am not worthy, it seems.

And I did want to check out the link to the episodes. Oh well.

I liked the ending quite a bit. I could have seen it go multiple ways, but I’m satisfied. Not having read the books it surprises me they didn’t kill LaGuerta. Especially after they pushed her out of the leaders office.

I wonder if Sis heard anything while laying on the table. She went from out cold to wide eyed and panicked look real quick if you ask me.

And I think overall for Dex he broke down even more of himself in finding out his family history and killing his own brother. Good intentioned or not it showed that deep down, Dex is still that twisted guy I like in the show. Setting up Rudy and taking him out that way … Dex is a killer.

So that leaves Sis, Doakes and Rita as potential problems for him next season. And of course I can see another killer in the mix there somewhere. The show still sounds pretty interesting to me enough to warrant me looking quite forward to it again next season.