Diablo 3 - Meh, W00t or Bah?

Don’t forget that the barbarians can jump too!

I’d rather have Fate 2.

All AAA PC-exclusive titles should be welcomed and praised. And purchased.

EDIT: What was I thinking? Let’s have an exception for EA DRM titles.

Fate was good, but all of the skills were purely numeric. I never even beat it, because as soon as you get to a certain level nothing changes when you progress down a floor or gain a level. I got an archer, a fighter, and a summoning mage to level 20-something, and that was it.

No one mentioned the obvious chromatic concerns.
Look here…

But be sure to check the comments…

Wizard Video

Looks great to me!

This is a no-brainer W00T for me. The amount of time I spend playing the Diablo-style games means I’ll get my money’s worth and more out of D3, even if it’s only an okay game. Who wouldn’t like playing a character doing what the wizard’s capable of in the new trailer? Some of those spell effects are pretty slick.

Beat ya to it, Andrew ;-)

I was indifferent to Diablo 1 and 2, so this isn’t getting me especially excited. But the graphics look nice.

… and lots of explosions!!!

The DirecTV PPV is a really nice addition; I finally got to experience an actual game panel…LOL

The skill + rune system really does make this game completely different than D2. The fact that runes are drops will add some replayability to the game. Additionally, a run drop can entice you to make modifications to an existing build, opening up a different playstyle for an existing character.

They are also adding respecs.

It’s a MEGA woot.

I always get exited about events 2 years in the future.

You should try skype - I find it works really well at getting at that LAN gaming feel with people far away.

What is your point here? “All action RPGs are the same!” There are a lot of differences not only from D2 but compared to other action RPGs as well. You gain health directly from killing guys instead of chugging potions, you can find runes and slot them into your skills to change how they work, you can knock over parts of the environment to kill enemies, etc. So many things are different or unrevealed, my question is: what is it that you think is so similar to the previous games about this? Or is your entire point simply that Diablo 3 is still an action RPG? Is there any game reasonably called Diablo 3 that you would have thought did look significantly different?

I just hope it will run well on my computer.

/sigh

I wonder how many times this will be taken out of context. He was responding to someone who said they weren’t interested in aRPGs until they saw the gameplay video for this game. To be honest, I didn’t read your post due to a combination of tl;dr and you missing the point.

Hey, if we can discuss the space elevator, we can discuss D3.

I’m hoping at least once more! It was an honest question as to why someone who hated D1 and D2 would be interested in D3. Maybe I should have quoted Rob instead, but it is a little amusing to see people coming after me for the comment.

If someone said I hated Madden 2004-2008, but Madden 2009 looks good, I’d also be curious as to why.

Me too! I can hardly wait. My bet is within the next 5 posts.

I was hoping the wizard would be more like this.

Or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLsbx4D8eI