Diablo III

I’m continuing to make my way through Act 2 as a Witch Doctor. I have to admit, once you get past a certain threshold, the WD actually becomes quite fun to play.

Mixed feelings on the necromancer so far. I feel like everything that isn’t Inarius is underpowered.

The class is interesting, but i feel like it could use more tuning and some pushing up of the worse abilities/sets. I fear that they will just nerf Inarius though.

How many sets do you have already??

So is this expansion worth it or wait a bit?

It’s not an expansion. It’s a new character class (and some cosmetic stuff), but if you play on PC you also get 2 extra bank tabs.

If you don’t mind paying $15 to play one new class, then it’s worth it.

Everything else added in the latest patch is free.

I sent out another gift last night, but I still haven’t received any gifts from you people. Let’s get cracking!

-Tom

Is that just a console thing?

Yes.5

Kinda wish they had released the necromancer coinciding with a new season. Still, it’s a lot of fun. Inarius being so blatantly the best set is my only real complaint, as it really limits the available build options.

And another gift sent. So that’s three frickin’ presents I’ve sent you guys* and I haven’t gotten one single solitary thing in return. Bunch of ingrates all up in the game.

-Tom

* By “you guys”, I mean some people from my PSBuddy list whose names I don’t recall because I was busy caring about the loot I get to keep.

Three sent from me, now, as well. 2 to Kadath and 1 to @Chappers. Sounds like I need to get on Tom’s friend list for the loot parade. All this altruism goes against human nature.

I hear you but am somewhat glad that, since there are imbalances, they’ll have a little time to adjust the constants and coefficients to make for a better necro experience before the real Diablo 3 starts again in the new season.

Found my passive play necro build:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/90801-lost-time-speed-build-2-6

ABC - Always Be Corpselancing

I only managed to get up to level 50 over the weekend with this but loving it so far . Also really like the new zone the Shrouded Moor.

I made it through most of Act 2 last night with my Witch Doctor. I hadn’t played through most of this portion of the game since 2013 when I played it on the 360, and before that I played through it in 2012 on PC.

And I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I was pulled into the story this time. There’s just something about having to work with the soul of this evil man who developed the black soulstone, sort of striking a deal with the devil. The voice acting is good, and just working with him, I got pulled into the story. By the end, I was really curious to see how the game would handle what would happen when I brought him back to life. You expect him to betray you somehow, and become a huge nemesis. It’s been long enough that I don’t remember any of this. Possibly because I wasn’t paying attention to the story back in 2012 and 2013. So here it is, I finally bring him back to life, dying of curiousity on what will actually happen next.

And of course, Diablo 3 let me down. Because there’s a reason people make fun of the story in this game, right? Anyway, even though it was eventually a letdown, I really did like the buildup throughout Act 2 of this character.

I’ve never really done much with the seasons, and they seem to have changed a bit since I last looked at them, but I fancy trying out the next one with a Necromancer. Anything I should know going into it? I understand you can get class sets these days.

Just finish the “Season Journey” steps and you get a full class set (pre-determined, per class) that will get you started on Torment X-ish content right away. From there you gear up fast enough that you can move into whichever set you actually want. Diablo’s main weakness is that because it’s such an inherently math-based game, there is always a right decision and a wrong decision, and having more than 1 viable set per class per season has been the exception rather than the rule.

That being said, it’s still kind of fun to start from scratch, and I enjoy the basic gameplay enough that I always manage to get about 40 hours a season in until I burn out.

Got my necro to 70 this weekend and grinded out a full set of Inarius armor. Also got a necklace that boosts bone armor to 15 stacks.

“Viable” is a ridiculous word to use in these discussions. You mean “optimal.”

Play whatever’s fun. You’re not competing for anything but bragging rights.

Yeah, unless you are trying to top the leaderboards do whatever you want.

All the sets are viable for Journey content. Some sets are optimal for climbing a leaderboard. Climbing leaderboards requires immense amount of time in grinding paragon and gems for Caldesaan’s gear upgrades.

If all you want to do is journey, any set is fine, really. You might have an easier time of it with an optimal set, but you may also hate that set’s playstyle as well, so…

Some sets will also make some of the journey content either trivial, or able to be solo’d (DH multishot and WD perma chicken, for example), and some will be more efficient for farming vs GR pushing. The addition of the Armoury is a godsend in this regard, so you can have a couple of builds to switch to as you build out your gear and look to approach different content in a optimal way.