Diablo III

One of the objectives this season (I assume these change every season?) is to socket gems into five items. I haven’t found a single socketable item yet. So this one might be a challenge to finish too. I’m guessing sockets will start showing up soon once I get into my 20s.

Oh, LOL, yeah that’s actually a super easy one. Normal playing will see that one done.

And we are cooking!

Curb stomping T6/7 already. Lucked out with a few drops - Convention, Stone of Jordan, RoRG - all very handy this early on. Scythe is a nice damage and essence booster and pairs beautifully with the bone spikes/bone nova boots, Ancient Parthan defenders for stun mitigation and cubed Aquillas Cuirass.

Tip: once you have one gem and one item with a socket, you can satisfy this requirement by socketing and removing 5 times.

You go, boy!

So Rathma’s is the season set? That’s tempting.

Yup, took me a bit to get a skill mix right. Tip - slotting Revive has a drastic effect on reducing the Army of Dead cooldown on account of rolling around with 10 additional minions, each with their own chance to proc the 2-piece bonus. Worked a lot better once I swapped it in to replace the golem. Particularly useful before you get the 6 piece bonus and start laying down skelly mages to boost your damage.

I discovered with my non-season guy that Revive is way better than it looks, once your kill speed is high enough. The guys last more than long enough, and like all corpse skills it has no cast time or resource cost so you just spam it at will.

I also found (this was with the dumb Bone Spear set, but still) that the Flesh Golem rune that lets him explode into 8 corpses is actually awesome for rifts where you’re trying to get things moving. Obviously with that set you literally need to devour things before it functions, but I imagine that’d be helpful with Rathma as well? IDK.

Hmm, maybe I’ll take a short break from FF12 to do a little monster hunting…

Steve Blum is my hero.

True - I am a big fan of Steve Blum, he was great in Bulletstorm too.

“Nice view. Wanna make out? Just two gruff military hardened dudes sitting in an elevator snuggling out their woes in a totally hetero way.”

So, I’m thinking I should focus on Act 1 bounties while I’m levelling my seasonal character to try to get a RROG. Is that a bad idea?

I wouldn’t. You will want materials from all 4 acts, and once you get into some higher difficulties (esp T6+), the drop rate of legendaries in the boxes goes way up. So if you don’t get one on the way, it should be quicker to get one later.

You can start crafting earlier than 20. Check blacksmith every few levels after 8, the usual thing is to make 2-handed axe for damage. I just made one at level 14 or so that blows away the damage of the legendary sword I found minutes earlier. :/

If you start getting gems and don’t yet have Leoric’s Crown, play Campaign until you kill the Skeleton King (which guarantees you one first time you kill him if you’re between levels 5-65). It multiplies any slotted gem by 75-100%, so put in your best ruby for a big XP bonus. You should be able to pretty much run through to him on Easy. The other stats on it won’t matter until you hit 70.

Agree with @Profanicus here - I have the blacksmith make me a new two handed weapon every four levels or so, and less I find it super good one. Just got a weapon with the socket at level 32 so that was nice.

Funny thing about Leoric’s crown, that was the first unique that dropped for me this season, at around level 20.… Before gems even drop. I’ve gotten about five unique’s so far, and two of them are crowns. The game really wants me to get extra XP!

Hehe yeah last season I played I was swimming in Crowns too!

Got my Season Necro to 70. Even got two Paragon points! Tomorrow going to craft some crap after I run the bounties to get more mats I think.

My bad, this is not accurate. It’s a fast cast, but it’s not straight up no-animation like Devour is.

I followed your advice. I got as far as rescuing the Templar. And guess what? When I rescued him, he disappeared and didn’t follow me down the stairs. So I portaled to town, and guess who I found there? All 3 companions! Woohoo!

I always chose the Enchantress, it seemed like her ability to turn enemies into chickens constantly is the best companion ability in the game. But now that I’m looking at the Templar’s choices, I guess he’s got the ability to heal you, so that could be very useful when playing Hardcore. In Softcore, no one cares about healing, right?

People generally take templar for the resource regen, which is usually very important depending on your build.

Pretty much this. :) All the left-hand skill choices.

It’s funny, because normally you’d briefly have two templars at that point - your season companion and the one you rescue in the campaign - and I love how they’ve written specific dialogue between them for that circumstance.