Diablo III

Oh wow, had no idea. I knew they existed now but figured I’d stumble across it eventually. Thanks!

Do you get better material for completing bounties if you complete them on a higher difficulty?

Right now I’m finally on Chapter IV of the Season, and I’m left with doing a bunch of things on Torment IV difficulty. I briefly tried it out last night by going to Torment IV and starting a Nephaelum Rift. I was dying constantly at every elite enemy, and it was taking forever. (Btw, I had no trouble at all at Torment II, so somewhere between 2 and 4 is where my current equipment is). So I clearly need better equipment in order to do so. I do have some plans for equipment I could craft if I had more crafting materials. I know difficulty affects drops from monsters, but it wasn’t clear to me if it affected bounty rewards as well.

You get more - Diablo 3 Difficulty Overview

Up to 16 at T13.

So on that chart “Horadric Cache Materials” is the line relevant to material in bounties, right?

Looks like there’s no benefit to playing above T1 if I want to get more material from bounties, unless I go T7 or above.

Correct

Yeah, remember when everyone was all like, “Yeah, Set Dungeons are the best! Keep iterating on that idea, please!”

GR73 in 11 min. GR75 in my sights for the conquest. I’ve not even got an ancient weapon or done any augments yet and the jewelry for my tanky variation on this build is crud. This Rathma/Jesseth build is up there with DH Impale.

That’s crazy. That’s from the set you get as a reward for finishing Season chapters that you were able to get to GR75?

I have four of the pieces of the set for the Monk, and I can’t even do Torment IV, ie. GR19.

Oh and in case anyone was unsure if the new Necro class may have been overtuned by Blizz for release:

Though I suspect Necro’s are over-represented this season.

Yup. :)

Just need to finish off that journey and get your 6-set! Got a link to your toon?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sharaleo-1797/hero/92257010

Now that I’ve unlocked my full DH set, I might “just” get some Hellfire jewelry and switch over to Necro. I had quite a bit of fun with my non-seasonal toon. Will my cube power unlocks carry over from the DH?

Yep, they are shared among the seasonal mode (normal/HC) you are playing in.

Got a WD to 70 for HC/Seasonal again; much more durable than the Wizard, though I have crap gear and it’s gonna take forever to push up I think. Now I think maybe I’ll level another Necro! I do actually like the leveling bit in Seasons for some strange reason.

And I agree 100% about PoE Hardcore. That’s all I play there, but there’s a good reason why I’ve never made it to farming maps in that game. I die at around level 40+ after the first difficulty play through. All the time. And usually to some crap I have no idea what it was.

I agree, those Challenge Rifts are awful. I tried one out and, even though I beat the time on the first try, I had no interest in ever doing another. I have no connection to the character since I didn’t make any effort to get them where they are, and I have no interest in learning a set of skills and equipment that I have no use for beyond that challenge. Easily the worst thing that I’ve experienced in D3 (then again, I never used the AH, so maybe that’d have been worse).

Tonight I was doing bounties to get ingredients when I found out something. Unlike at the blacksmith’s where they just tell you that you need this shaped ingredient, you can go over to the Kanai’s cube, and they name the ingredients! Why is that important? Well, I noticed that the names were pretty distinctive. One had Arreat in the name. Another had Westmarch in the name. So even though these were only weird shaped things to me until that moment, I figured I needed to do bounties in Act 3 and Act 5 to get these two ingredients I needed. And sure enough, that was it.

So I got the ingredients to finish a Demon’s set for level 70. Not great, but not bad. Plus I got lucky while doing bounties and the chestpiece for my season’s set dropped. I’m not supposed to get that until I finish Season Chapter 4. I used that, and the demon’s set, and was able to get enough ingredients to extract 3 powers and assign them.

So I went back to Torment IV to see what all this equipment had done for me. I would still die easily, but I was doing a lot of damage and if I ran away and dodged correctly, I could kill anything with my Monk’s dash move.

So I dashed and dashed and dashed, and killed the 4 key wardens. I won’t lie, I did die about 3 times. It was still very exciting.

The last thing I had to finish on Torment IV was to kill Magda. That, unfortunately, despite some very close fights, I finally had to abandon tonight. I can get her very close to death, but I can’t quite close the deal. She just has so much badass help in that fight, and I can’t dash away from everyone forever, and I can only be brought back to life once, heal myself once using an ability, and once using a potion. After that it’s curtains.

I tried that website. Sadly, it doesn’t look like it links to console characters. And my PC characters are too old.

D’oh! I failed to notice that Hellfire Amulets give a class specific bonus (that wasn’t the case originally, was it?), so I rolled an int one on my DH to level my Necro, and now I’ve got a duff amulet that isn’t optimised for either. Oh well.

Whoops! Yeah HF’s are all about the free passive ability, which will always roll for the toon that crafts it. Can’t remember if HF was different when they first came out.

In other news:

lol

Summary

Family came home, so I had to abandon with about 10% of the bar to go. Would have been about a 17 or 18 minute run anyway on account of careless deaths. :)

Pretty sure the Hellfire ammy on one of my non-seasonal toons doesn’t have anything class specific.

Magda can be tough, but the two I hate are of course Malthiel (avoid at all costs except for the Seasonal Chapter requirement) and Adria. Adria is nasty because if you don’t burn her down fast, at higher levels the blood blobs she summons will eff you up.