Diablo III

D4 is almost certainly going to be properly announced this year!

Character concept art from upcoming Art of Diablo book

BUT I donā€™t want to support Blizzard anymore gorrammit.

Donā€™t you have a mobile phone?

Season ends 11/10

Cheers, was wondering this. Maybe I have time to finish this one then. Destiny 2 took a lot of ā€˜workā€™ this season so no time for anything else.

Kadath posted that a year ago, so YMMV :)

LOL yeah we are a few seasons ahead of that now. This season suuuucked.

Well, could be true for this season also.

Anyway, I havenā€™t even finished the first 4 challenges. I think I did paragon 200 first 1-2 days, then I quitā€¦

This Seasonal buff is utter shiteā€¦ and when it procs with 4 people I feel like Iā€™m about to have a seizure.

Any hint yet of how far out diablo 4 is?

Late 2021 at the earliest.

I find it hilarious they havenā€™t even finished Diablo Immortal - a re-skinned mobile game.

I think everyone was working on Corona for a while so CCP didnā€™t have enough resources to make some malware microtransaction reskin for the west. :-)

Diablo 4 Late 2021ā€¦ Does that mean Raytracing support? Orā€¦ Controller and Offline mode for pc.

I wonder if theyā€™ll try a Real Money marketplace again. They could take a 30% cut like Apple.

Controller at least has already been confirmed for PC.

I have just picked this up for my Xbox Series S and some couch gaming, I was about to start another run on my PC not that I do many.

So generally I prefer Melee characters, I have a Monk and Barbarian at max level and was wondering what to try next on the Xbox. Am tempted with another Monk tbh as I love a little Bruce Lee but any thoughts on leveling another toon instead, I have a Witch Doctor to 58 ish I think but he never really took.

Any thoughts especially on the console rather than the PC.

I too, prefer melee characters, but have never been able to play a Monk for very long. It feels far too squishy from pretty early on. Maybe it gets better, or requires a better player, but the Monk never grabbed me.

Iā€™ve completed the game with a Wizard on the Xbox. And even though I generally got back to a melee dude, I had a lot of fun with the Wizard.

Iā€™ve finished the game with one of each character on Xbox, theyā€™re all fun. And usually whatever that seasonā€™s set is made me play each character quite differently than when I was leveling them up.

I played all but a Necromancer for a good bit and had the most fun with Crusader and Witch Doctor, but they were all a blast to play. I got burnt out before I could get the Necromancer; was quite addicted to the game at some point.

Crusader!

I really should mute this thread, as now I feel like playing D3 againā€¦ dammit! :D

The good news is that their last quarterly update on Diablo 4 was actually really good all around regarding their approach to itemization and things. So as long as they donā€™t screw it up, perhaps weā€™ll have a worthy game in a few years.

As much entertainment as Iā€™ve squeezed out D3, Iā€™m more than ready to move on.

Every one of the classes has something to offer once you get into it. Some of the classes are pretty cumbersome until you get into late game set gearing, I find Crusader to be that way for example, Monk as well.

All classes really donā€™t come into their own until you start completing set bonuses, but some are easier to get there on I think.

Out of all of the classes, Necro for me ended up being the most ā€œfunā€, because there were so many ways to build that class that really did play differently. Necro is this neat place between a melee class and a ranged class. You can build some amazing AOE and speed on a Necro, and end up just running through maps blowing everything up without stoppingā€¦I found that to be really fun, especially for farming.