Diablo III

It’s a pretty fun season, too. I love how they just have doubled down over time on the idea that it’s ok to be OP. All the cool stuff and none of the artificial nerfing “for the balance” that other single-player games force on you.

Agreed - they did a nice job of just cranking it to 11 this season.

The progression to get the altar powers unlocked is fun too, as is makes you do basically all of the endgame mechanics (bounties, rifts, bosses, challenge rifts, set collection) and not solely grind greater rifts.

OP is an understatement, there are S28 videos with demon hunters hitting the entire screen for over 40 TRILLION damage. GR150 is now easily attainable, last time I really played I was in the 60s. It’s crazysauce.

But GOOD crazysauce!

playing hardcore wizard, and I 'm in T6 right now, but I’m really kinda capped out with what i have unless i get some different/better gear. Of course, that’s easier/better if you can push up a bit, so i dip into T7. It’s not bad…I can manage, but i have to way more careful. Then I do a bounty - one of those where you go through the rift, then have to cleanse 6 shrines. And I forgot I had that bracer that spawns additional elites on shrines…which isn’t a problem because shrines don’t usually spawn mobs…but these do. And in tight quarters, 2x elite pack, immediately triggers red screen. I teleport out, and just barely, and notice that guardian is now on cooldown. I have one more skill failsafe, but I’m not really sure if it shares the same timer as guardian…I’ve never triggered them both. I should really look that up.

And then i spent the next two minutes running around the rift like some benny hill skit…

Then a little later, Malthiel triggered guardian too(and that’s not the first time), which prompted me to scrap my whole build and go with something else…

Rule Number One for Hardcore (especially Wiz or Witch Doctor): DO NOT DO MALTHIEL. If you absolutely have to, lower the diff to the minimum needed for whatever requirement you need to meet. That bastard feasts on HC toons.

I hit that exact same portal/shrine thing you are talking about on my HC wizard yesterday, and Guardian proc’ed as well. And I was only on Expert as I’d just hit or was hitting 70 (playing rather intermittently). Close quarters and spawns, and me being dumb and not having TP up, yeah, it was hairy.

I tend to love Disintegrate as my go-to, because it’s so much fun, but the huge drawback is it makes me stay put, which means I have to load up the gear/passives that benefit stationary play, but no matter how good those are I still have to run around frantically, at which point Disintegrate is more of a liability. If I can keep mana up, it’s usually doable, but any flaws in the build mean arcane power siphons out way too quickly. Also, Disintegrate is crappy against bosses, as the rate at which it attrits their HP pool is usually lower than the rate at which they obliterate mine.

Interesting - i guess I’m not yet at the rule stage for malthiel, but I will definitely take it under advisement, it does seem to be the good framework for a rule.

I’ve done a HC seasonal of every character, and for the ones I liked (Wizard, DH, Monk), I’ve done more than one. I’d say, without a doubt, that disintegrate builds are my go-to for wizard, but for this one, I evolved a different path. Early on, i found that legendary that proced like 14k% lightning on paralyzed foes, so i cubed that, got the lightning paralysis skill, and loaded up on lightning abilities. And then I found there’s no lightning disintegrate option, so for the first time ever, I went into something else, in this case arcane torrent. When i got the set (typhons), i was having a pretty good time with lightning, so instead of going frost (which seems to be the typhons set of choice), i made a typhon’s lightning variant, which was actually pretty good. Well, up until T6. The only problem was the proc was far from certain - I had upped the chance on hit to cause paralysis to 35%, but that still sometimes meant it wouldn’t proc…kinda like this diesal engine that needed a few seconds to fire up. It probably topped out at about 4-500M damage, which again, is pretty servicable for that tier.

Scrapping that, I’m now just doing a legacy of dreams (makeshift) build - as at least it allows me to use these really neat ancients, plus I can run 3 gems (i was only running one gem before, and even then, it was a sub-optimal wreath of lightning to help proc lightning). So far though, so good, and I’m getting procs up to about 2B in damage, so i should be able to push up a bit…

I like Arcane Torrent too, but it’s a power hog for sure. And yeah, gear determines the build usually. When it’s early and I don’t have any real sets, I don’t care what I do, I just match it to whatever bonuses seem best at the time. As I cube things and get actual sets, I settle in to whatever works with the stuff I have.

Gets really costly upgrading gems, of course. My wife is seemingly blessed with an ability to find treasure portals and get puzzle rings for portals, though, which can help.

I have a season 28 Wizard, only 2nd time I have done a season. Got the 6 item set as well as a less optimal Chatnods weapon and off hand . RoRG and Squirts Necklace. Missing Theo and Tasker gloves as well as a main hand weapon to pair with winter flurry. and optimising build. Playing torment 10 and GR 45 max so far but the poison kills me over GR40.

Got some of the parts needed and managed to get to GR52 so far. Best I have ever managed. I think this last season has definetely made it easier

Pushed through to GR45 and build seems to be holding well so far, at least I haven’t had any guardian procs. However, I feel i’m topping out…Maybe I can get GR55 or 60, but I doubt I can hit 70. Then again, my perspective on this is a little thin - I dont think i’ve ever done over GR50 before, so I’m not sure how significant a climb it is. Of course, the other problem is that at this level, switching builds could be instantly fatal, unless i drop it way down to test it first (and who really wants to do that?).

Also, squirts necklace (as well as stone gauntlets), really bother me in a ‘i feel this is gonna kill me’ way.

My WD just crossed GR100, which I think I might have done once, maybe twice, before. This is the last hurrah for this game, so I’m gonna try for 150 and finally delete it off my hard drive for good. But to get there, I’m definitely gonna need a Rhykker S-Tier build, because my current Mundunugu build definitely isn’t getting me there. I’m in nearly-full ancient legendaries, and I’m definitely petering out at 100.

Is that something like this: Witch Doctor Spirit Barrage Build with the Mundunugu's Regalia set (Patch 2.7.5 / Season 28) - Diablo 3 - Icy Veins ?

I’m trying to get a sense of how high ‘high tier’ will take me. My own build is something like the energy twister build (also high tier), but I wondering if i need to switch to a ‘top-tier’ build now

Basically that’s my build. I have a couple of differences, but that’s more or less it.

I’m kind of dreading re-building completely with many less ancients, having to level up a bunch of different gems, etc. Maybe if I just augment a few of these pieces, I can keep rolling in my current build.

Heh, tal rasha meteor build is kinda like playing diablo: vampire survivors. I just like walk around and stuff blows up - i guess i hit 2/3 every 10 mins and once in a while, if something doesnt blow up fast enough, i click on it.

Then it blows up.

wow is it usually so hard to get the season pet?

Im struggling to do the Set Me Free challenge. Does the set that drops as part of the season not count?

Which class are you? The default sets that comes from the Journey doesn’t always have a corresponding dungeon. Pretty sure each class has 4 set dungeons, and yours may not be the gift sets this season.

Im a Monk

Yeah, looks like this season’s gift set is Patterns of Justice, which doesn’t have a dungeon. You’ll have to gather one of these: Set Dungeon | Diablo Wiki | Fandom

This is crazy. Players discovered that on console you can create a dh, delete it, create another dh and that dh’s 13th upgraded rare will always be a primal manticore

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/11jam09/comment/jb26h2v/

Rise and repeat 3 times and altar potions done