Diablo III

Do you have a command of all the classes now at this point @Kadath ?

No. I donā€™t like crusader. and I only play whirlwind barb and aoe monk. Necro I have played many forms. Wizard too. A little WD when they were strong

Bumped difficulty up to expert and Iā€™m leveling a little faster. 66 now and just killed Azmodan in story mode.

Monk also has a ā€œwhirlwindā€ ability that is similar in speed to a whirlwind barb. Actually those were always my fastest characters since their attacks also involved fast movement. So I literally would just run through a level while attacking and killing everything in my path.

Iā€™m doing that with a monk now. More like Sonic than Diablo at this point.

Yeah, and in multiplayer the slower classes just follow a trail of dead bodies in my wake. It basically turns into a racing game.

I never make a race out of any of the ARPGā€™s. My play is probably glacial compared to most players but thatā€™s how I enjoy playing.

Just made fresh 70 on my new seasonal wizard. What the fresh hell is an altar of rites?

People everywhere with their billion and one paragon levels and crazy torment levels wanting to farm loot where the mobs breath on me and I die is kind of intimidating.

It wasnā€™t really about play style but a byproduct of the skills and gear I was using. I cleared whole rooms while continuing to move forward, never stopping because that is how the attacks worked. So in multiplayer with other players, if they had to stop they would fall behind and only the players with similar attacks could keep up and so between us it because a kind of race to see who leads the path of massacre. Even if a player was slightly slower their attacks would whiff as I bulldozed ahead.

Of course they we always free to go in a different direction. (usually the wrong one from the objective though)

It is this seasonā€™s It Girl. A sort of final send off for D3, I suppose. You make offerings (sacrifices) to it, of resources and stuff, to unlock nodes that give you increasingly powerful buffs. You definitely should do it, as it can lead to ridiculously OP fun.

You probably should have visited it before 70, but better late than neverā€¦

This has pretty much everything you need to know about it: Season 28 Altar of Rites Mechanics - Diablo 3 - Icy Veins

Playing through D3 for the first time and didnā€™t know about the altar. I donā€™t see any way to go back to a previous act while playing the story, so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s only available in adventure mode?

Only available in Seasonal. You can jump between campaign and adventure mode tho

And thatā€™s the season done! Iā€™ve never done one before, and it was thoroughly dominated by the tempest rush legendary I found early, followed by the set bonus that meant zooming around the map without much care. I might check out other seasons (they seem like theyā€™d go much faster now I know how they work) but mostly that feels a good end to playing D3 for a while.

@Kadath OK, thanks. Just finished the story so Iā€™ll be in adventure mode now. Forgot you could jump between modes, but Iā€™m completely new to the game after all these yearsā€¦

I have no memory of my 200 hours as demon Hunter.

Just finished season 28 the level 20 greater rift. I only had to start a rift there Solo since Iā€™d unlocked to 77 in a group years ago.

My frost hydra + blizzard + spectral Blade just mowed the groups down. I was so surprised.

w00t first time iā€™ve ever mastered a set dungeon. Yay me.

Whats the easiest of the conquestā€™s to do?

Whatā€™s a set dungeon?

Three gems to 65 (scream rewards count)
Then join seasonal conquests channel and get folks to help you do Curses in the Peat
Then do a 2 minute t10 rift

Ezpz. Easiest conquests ever