Diablo Immortal - Stay awhile and pay on your mobile

You mean like giant black garbage bags, or tall kitchen bags? For kitchen bags, the wirecutter’s suggestion of Glad bags hasn’t served me wrong. They hold water and don’t tear when you have like, pointy bits of cardboard, even when totally overfilled because you’re too lazy to take out the garbage until you can’t physically stuff another thing in there.

That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for. My son has a big, plastic garbage can I line with a Hefty for him by his gaming area, because when there isn’t a big giant garbage can for him he just piles it up like a fucking raccoon. And as it is now, there is almost always pop and other liquids in there and like every other sack likes to leak, so I’ve been double-bagging which is a PITA.

I’ll give these a try. Thanks!

Speaking of garbage, I have this seemingly ridiculously expensive kitchen garbage can. It’s a ton of money when you can get a rubbermaid for like $11.95, but it’s incredibly well-made. The little step pedal works every time, the lid comes down slowly, it’s made entirely out of metal that doesn’t stain and can be easily cleaned, and it has a spot to hold extra bags in the rear. It’s just a pleasure to use every time. And it has a 10 year warranty!

Do I get this right, that you are telling me that an art professor could not objectively judge a stick figure painting as a bad realism painting, because the standards for what is realism (despite being extremely clearly defined) are only his? Or that any professor at all, anywhere, would judge it as a good realism painting?
I cannot have understood that correctly, because that is so illogical I don’t even know what to do with it.

You cannot define “realism” just for yourself. Realism is already defined, and very clearly so, by history, by words, by dictionaries. You can’t just go ahead and say “the encyclopedia says this, but I say different!” - that’s not proving that something is subjective, that’s proving you are doing something silly.

Transferred to games, everyone capable of evaluating consistency can tell if a game’s art is consistent, you can’t just say an art style is consistent if it factually has no coherence. Everyone can tell if the assets waste resources, there’s no subjectivity either. If the animations follow the same style, etc. It’s all the same thing: Objective.
(There might be games that make a point of deliberately making everything look “wrong” and different - but that, too, can be judged objectively by how well they achieve that).

What you couldn’t objectively tell is if the art is beautiful, that is purely subjective. Just as an art professor couldn’t objectively find a students work beautiful. Or you if a game is objectively fun.

I’m still not convinced I got you right. I’m honestly feeling like someone just told me “1+1=3” and I’m trying to tell them that it is 2.

I use simplehuman in my home office too. Agreed, very well made. These are also very easy to find on heavy discount during the holidays.

… Z-BONE???

Man, I must be getting old, because I super want that.

It’s tough to have your incorrect ideas challenged.

So I did get it right?
I’m sorry, but that is not challenging incorrect ideas, that is just nonsense.
Realism is clearly defined, nothing subjective about that. You won’t find anyone with their senses intact telling you that a stick figure is a good realism depiction of a (non-stick-figure-like) human being.
As are all the other things I listed - except if you want to tell me consistency is not a clearly defined word. Or file size, or the achievement of a design goal, or…

You really are arguing that 1+1=3, without providing any kind of proof for that.
I am slightly shocked.

It’s the little things in life that matter. Don’t you find it annoying when the kitchen garbage stinks? Don’t you hate the crappy pedal mechanism or (gasp) opening the lid with your hands like a caveman? The simplehuman just works.

It’s affordable luxury. You know that no matter how much money a person may have, they could even be a billionaire, or a prince, or whatever, they don’t have a better garbage can than you. Truly egalitarian.

What about a garbage can than also acts as a shredder, optimizing the space. Those have to be more expensive, right?

I won’t ask why we are discussing this. I accepted that everything is legit in this thread.

No, but keep trying. Broken clocks and all that.

Then you could try to explain to me what you actually meant.
Or we just leave it at that, you keep on producing reviews of little value and I keep on holding them in little value. And then we continue talking about trash.
It might be better for everyone.

Nah. I’m good. You’re one of those “objective reviews” people. I gave you more than enough room to wiggle, and you insist on the idea that any kind of objective art/media review can have value. Good luck with that.

People seems to get tired of this discussion,but I want to add one thing here:

Is relatively easy to draw realistic. Is only technique and practice. Any people without artist talen can learn to draw realistic.

You can measure the fidelity of the realism, but you would be measuring the tech, not the art.

What I really want is a garbage can that can be activated via Alexa and Google Home.

“Hey Google, open the trash”.

SimpleHuman does make one with voice commands but it isn’t wifi enabled, so I can’t setup IFTTT chains so that when my fridge notices I took a diet coke out over 30 minutes ago and then my wifi camera notices me walking towards the kitchen with an empty can of diet coke in my hand the garbage can automatically opens and says

FILL MY HOLE, MASTER

Ideally in a lilting Irish accent.

I mean, that would be pretty cool.

Well, I mean, obviously.

FILL MY HOLE, SCOTT LUFKIN!

*trying to fit in*

Why don’t windows recycle.bin have a separate box for executables and documents?

What type of barbaric OS is this that don’t separate trash?