Diablo Immortal - Stay awhile and pay on your mobile

I can relate. It solves one of the problems - lack of screen real estate. The bigger issue for me are tactile controls. Using a touch screen control system just doesn’t feel nice.

Certainly a viable option if I cared about action games on my phone. Now maybe if I used a tablet as a gaming device that would be more useful. But I use my phone’s gaming abilities either for short bursts on the fly or dicking around before sleep. Some extra peripheral doesn’t seem like it’s worth it. If I’m gonna grab a controller I’m gonna grab a Switch or PC controller for some real gaming. But now that I’ve said that I’ll probably breakdown, grab a bluetooth controller, and love the hell out of it.

Agreed.

I’m in when the folding phone comes with a folding controller.

I think the point was made by lostcawz that if I have to grab a controller to play this game, I might as well just grab a whole new dedicated device not that much bigger than the controller. Plays a heck lot more and better games too.

What we need are some nipples :)

nipples

I got that, but this game isn’t being made for the Switch, so…

I just don’t see this mobile game being better than Diablo 3 really. It’s been made by a mobile game mill company which is one of the reasons why there’s so much negative publicity.

It will almost certainly be terrible. But, like, I already played Diablo 3, and they aren’t making any more of it.

Clearly Stusser has a smart phone.

So if I do decide to attach a Bluetooth controller like Stusser says, do they clip on to the phone or do I need to drill tiny holes in the screen to hold it in place?

But why would you play a terrible game at all? That said, the only mobile games I truly enjoy on my smart phone have been either puzzle games or arcade games (like Hungry Shark). My ARPG experiences have been terribad.

I won’t play it if it’s terrible. Who said I would? This is a weird conversation.

Which Hungry Shark? I’m seeing 3 versions by 2 different developers on the Google Play store:
Hungry Shark by Admobvina
Hungry Shark World & Hungry Shark Evolution by Ubisoft

Curious to know which one might be worth trying.

Hungry Shark World although I’ve been playing Hungry Dragon recently instead. Fantastic time killers if you aren’t super impatient at getting to the next size.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Mobile gaming, facebook gaming, browser gaming, all of those benefitted from a boom. The boom, was that many many people, who had never been exposed to the particular type of addiction that gaming entails, got sucked into it. The initial wave, made a few people an awful lot of money. That of course, led to a huge influx of people trying to cash in.

We are already in a phase, where a lot of people have become wary of, or just aware of, what they were dealing with. It will be interesting to see going forward, how much of a culling there is concerning development when that boomtown is over.

There is no question that as a thing, mobile gaming is here to stay, and I’m sure will have it’s own ups and downs as different delivery devices come into fashion, but I’m not sure it will ever see that kind of surge again. It’s akin to the same thing that happened around the time of the release of WoW. The timing of WoWs release (right when a huge number of people were just getting broadband), had as much to do with its success as any of the other factors you could cite.

/popcorn

My husband bought this bluetooth controller to use with his Galaxy S8 when we took a long flight in December. He was pretty happy with its responsiveness and it did a good job holding the phone in place. The only issue he had with it was that he had to put it in slightly misaligned in order to be able to access the headphone jack, which he obviously wanted to use on the plane.

This one is for Android phones though, I’ve no idea what’s good for iPhones.

Does this controller work decently with 3d games out of the box? Or does it depend on the game?

I have a madcatz controller for iOS and it is up to the game developers to support it or not. Not sure if android has more freedom on that.

He had to configure it for the games he was playing, but he hasn’t used it with a very wide variety of games. I suspect it’s probably like MattN said for the iOS one he mentioned - it’s probably up to developers to decide whether to support it or not, but I can’t say for sure.