Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

So… am I right that the legendary system is a massive nerf from the D3 system? I have to go the occultist and pay a lot of gold to have them extract the “aspect” and then carry the aspect around in my inventory and manually keep track of what aspects I have on hand…?

Why would Blizz do this?

Haha, Kripp is 30 hours into his stream, level 60 and has fought the Butcher 4 or 5 times already.

Also, some doors are tougher than elite mobs.

Love it. Like paying $200 for groceries and the clerk handing you the receipt saying you “saved xx dollars”.

not quite the same, you basically are paying $7 for $8 of currency and then getting some items as well.

It’s a bit painful following this thread and not playing but my day will come soon, my Battlenet countdown clock reminds me every time I look at it. It went from days to hours :)

Playing T2 my Twisting Blades build uses Concealment with the Vulnerability spec and I switched to enable more cooldowns so that it’s up reasonably fast for boss fights and it makes elites instagib and bosses easier. I did this because my only death was on the Vhenard fight after I ran out of potions. Besides not prioritizing the right ones it took too long to kill and I’ve found that Rogues can handle chip damage fine but those big hits can mean you immediately need to pot once or twice depending on how close it gets you to death so it’s vital you can get those drops for when your dash is down and you get clobbered or can’t get out of an aoe field.

This Rogue is as fast as the first beta chain lightning Sorc for killing packs and even faster on bosses, which was nice but I’ve definitely felt the risk even to the point of prioritizing getting the barrier aspect to give me some breathing room.

Yep. You don’t NEED in game currency but you are likely going to WANT some over the life of the game. I’m no whale but I’ve bought stuff in Clash Royale and a number of skins in CoD. I no longer feel shame over it.

If you can’t get past the shame you are gonna have a bad time in modern games.

When do world bosses start? I haven’t heard of any yet.

Decided to pull the trigger and pre-order. Not to join the early access, that would be a giant waste of money at this point (and at any point really, no FOMO here…). So I just got the standard version, which is expensive enough (not used to buying games at full price anymore). But at least now it can pre-install, so when I have the time to play, I can do so!

How are y’all playing the new open world style? I’m at level 30, having just started Act II, with still a lot of content I didn’t do in the first area like side quests, dungeons, etc. But I’m reading others that are about the same level and have blown through Act III already (@Kadath). I’m trying to balance it, but I’m unsure what’s ‘best’ for my explorer-mind.

The story/world on rails from past games worked in that I always felt I was moving forward. This one makes me feel like I should be progressing the story to get to additional content, but it feels weird to abandon an area when I’ve not completed it yet. It’s odd, because I don’t have this trouble in other open world games, likely just a holdover from the style of game.

Ugh, so you can’t disable seeing other players? Love to see xxxSepiroth666xxx running around in my game.

Man - there is a LOT of rubberbanding today. Its almost unplayable.

If anyone is experiencing stuttering graphics, try disabling the SSDP discovery Windows service. Fixed it for me-- same issue I had in the betas.

Rubberbanding would probably be server issues, but I haven’t seen a lot of it myself.

My rogue usually looks homeless with a BSDM mask on. There were a couple of helmets that were decent (Plague Doctor, eye bandage) but most look like this which clash with my frumpy beggar clothes.

You can fix that for the low low price of $27.99.

It depends what you want really. You don’t unlock the mount until Act IV, but on the other hand if you stay in one area you can unlock more renown rewards.

My read is the game lets you do what your play style desires.

Want to blow through areas asap and hardly touch side quests? D4 will let you do it. Want to do every single thing in an area before moving on? D4 will let you do it because enemies always scale to your level.

I am good with that approach - I get the bummer of not having that sense of overpower because you can’t take a level 30 characters to a level 1 zone to obliterate everything, but the upside is none of the content goes obsolete.

Another ProTip™. You can do the first three acts in any order, but you’ll want to be level 10 for act 2 and 15 for act 3. Their stories don’t build on one another. So if your build depends on an aspect only available halfway through act 3 like my bone spear necro, do that once you hit 15.

Also I suggest not going hard after all the completion stuff like Lilith shrines until you have a horse. Honestly I wouldn’t even do most side quests or any dungeons without an aspect you need.

There are maps online with all the shrines listed, I’m using d4builds.gg. Very useful as they really don’t stick out very much.

What my kid and I are doing is exploring and unlocking the maps on our own time and then we come together to tackle any of the many dungeons. I’m doing side quests myself. Level 13 Upheaval Barb. Have had no problems yet, have some talent that dazes multiple enemies and upgraded it to give me 25 fury so I can wreck enemies with the fully upgraded Upheaval. Love it.

I did almost all of act 1 and finished it at like level 32. That was a mistake.