Diablo IV - A Return To Darkness

I’m sure, but everyone takes the easy way out.

It seems weird at first, but then you see stuff like the Final Fantasy pixel remaster set for over $200 and having a specific platform included doesn’t make it better imo.

So once you get past the knee-jerk level I think it makes sense to let collectors get the box if they want and not have to make like 6 or whatever skus for it.

Plus they always seem slower to ship, so you can find plenty of complaints about other games where people who paid the most had to wait to play the actual game until the big dumb box physically arrives to them.

Insert picture of P.T. Barnum here.

Happy to see an open beta even for non pre-purchase folks.

Heads up for people with fomo (me) that there will supposedly be some in-game reward for people who reach level 20 in the beta.

So Diablo IV has a “premium Battle Pass”? I’m concerned how they are going to monetise this, like they did with Diablo Immortal.

edit:

Still suspicious.

Like I said before, this is exactly the Call of Duty model. Pay for the game, then pay $10 to get the “premium” battle pass for each installment. The non-premium (free) track will have stuff to unlock, but way less than the premium (paid) track. It garbage in my opinion, but I’ve long ago lost that fight in gaming.

As long as it’s all purely cosmetic, I’m ok. But in games like Path of Exile, there are storage spaces and other QoL purchases which make a difference. To be fair, PoE was entirely free so I was happy to pay.

I agree, but if Game Rant is right, and it’s just cosmetic, I am a hard time caring too much about it. If people want to spend money on that, so be it.

I am thinking about preordering, but I am bit scared the single player version will be lacking. I am not sure if that is a justified worried or not. Diablo 3, I ignored MP, and it was fine.

I’m basically OK with a paid cosmetic-only battle pass in a B2P game. Subscription no, but B2P or certainly F2P is OK. I would prefer it didn’t exist, of course, but it isn’t enough for me to skip the game.

Pay2win like their mobile abortion of course would cross the Rubikon.

I’ll wait to preorder since Activision isn’t to be trusted but I’m hoping the open beta lives up to the hype. Everything gameplay-wise they have released I have liked so far. While they have said they are not going to Immortal it, I need to see to believe it.

Man, such an improvement in art direction (it’s subjective of course, I’m speaking only for myself) this time around. Hopefully that carries across to the rest of the game. More Diablo, less isometric Warcraft, please.

I’m not much of a graphics whore but my god the visuals just drip with production value. Diablo 3 did as well, but this is 11 years later and it shows.

Speaking of which, I can’t believe it’s been over a decade and the gap between 3 and 4 is almost as long as from 2 to 3. Time is going by frighteningly fast as I get older, it kind of freaks me out!

Necroing this thread just to say I understand what Kevin was saying here. I hope you’re still doing ok mate, wherever you wound up.

Castle.gif

I guess I’m misguided, but I wouldn’t mind a bit more color. Some of the things they mentioned like the different events and strongholds sound cool, though. The random events in the previous games were always very minor things.

I hope you can sense me shaking my fist at you through the internet! :)

Which platform do you all plan to get this on? And for those getting it on PC, what control scheme do you plan to use?

PS5 for sure. Loved D3 on the PS4.

PC, controller.