Diablo on the PC, 1996-2017, beloved videogame cherished by millions, R.I.P.

PS4 Pro: 400 bucks
Extra controllers: 100 bucks
Diablo III: 35 bucks
Time spent playing with kids: priceless

Accurate. :)

It is kind of a random mess at times with three of us, but a fun one. The 11 year old’s analysis paralysis with skill and inventory management is a challenge, but one with which we can deal. “I need to check this one more time.” Her sister and I “YOU JUST LOOKED AT THAT> NOTHING’S CHANGED.”. :D

This thread has me Jonesing to try on PS4 but no way I’m going to spend $60 on PSN for it. I seriously don’t understand console pricing.

Should go on sale fairly regularly, it was available on Xbox for under $20 last week.

Yeah, will keep my eye out.

What? Damn it, my Gold runs out in August. Next time post it in the bargain thread if you get the chance. :)

It’s actually still on sale for another few hours, part of the big spring sale.

I’m not seeing that. Are you sure that’s for 12 months, not 3 months?

Wait, I’m talking about Diablo, not gold.

This is a challenge for me at 33. I’m slow at the best of times but give me that stuff to deliberate over…

Part of it is also that when there are 3 of us that have to do it separately on the same screen, it stretches it out, but the youngest is especially particular. Also, having never had a console (outside of the Wii), all those buttons and what they do and the opening and closing of menus is new.

I may analyze and min/max a bit, but mostly I look a second, shrug and move on so we can murdelize more things. :)

I’m not sure how intuitive it is when you’re new to the game, but each player gets a little notification in his or her corner of the screen when a new inventory item gets picked up or a new skill gets unlocked. From that notification, you can see whether the item is better than what you have equipped. You can also instantly equip the item or skill from those notifications, and you can even cycle back through them. It’s designed specifically to avoid each player having to open inventory and skill screens so often. In the interest of keeping the pace smooth, you might want to make sure everyone is clear on what those notifications are and how to use them.

-Tom

And, you can actually set items to “junk” through that menu as well.

$29.99 on PSN

Yay! Purchased.

As a side note, the Necromancer is awesome.

I got my SkArmy and past the SkelKing last night. Fun so far, will see if she takes the place of my WD

This is on test, right? Is there a test server for PS4?

edit: nvm, I see it’s in a closed beta.

I read that as “Ska Army” for some reason…

I would totally enlist in the Ska Army.

“Don’t call me Skaface!”