Did The Witcher 2 make you think about upgrading your PC?

So much envy
:P

No upgrade yet, but the performance on my C2D and 8800GTS has me not playing until I have better hardware. I keep reminding myself that my shiny new DSLR was my new-job present, and that I’m not allowed to buy a new gaming rig.

I formed a political party. Our motto was “We demand global economic equality (except for the whole bit about sharing our wealth with poor people in Africa)”. For some reason it didn’t catch on.

It made me want to, but no movement on that front yet.

It autodetected on me and set it to be high specs. Seems to run fine, so I didn’t upgrade anything. My PC isn’t that old though…maybe a year or two?

Why do you say that? I haven’t read any of the threads on the game. Is it a resource hog? I’m not having any problems on high specs 1680x1200 rez.

I’ve owned a PC primarily for the use of gaming since 1986. I just don’t hold it up as some kind of golden idol of game purity, but I never was much good at the PC Master Race shit. Thanks for playing, though.

Because the vast majority of PCs built/purchased before mid-2010 would require an upgrade to run Witcher 2 on the Ultra settings, which is what any True PC Gamer would run it at.

Matt, considering how grumpy you were in that other PC thread, you can’t be surprised you’re getting zinged for it here, are you? There you were complaining about the lack of AAA PC exclusives; here you’re complaining about…well, I’m not sure. That Witcher 2 is eye-candy-riffic and anyone who’s playing it on a PC more than a few months old is no True PC Gamer?