Dirty Bomb - New multiplayer shooter from Spash Damage

Dirty Bomb Was just announced by Splash Damage. I think it’s funny how in the teaser when the “From the makers of” section pops up, they don’t mention Brink, I wonder why?

Brink had possibilities but I felt burned by my purchase, its going to take fantastic word of mouth for me to even think of picking this up.

Has Splash Damage learned from Brink? Time will tell.

I hate that QT3 has a 50 page thread on Brink and only three pages (or so) for both Natural Selection games. :(

Looks like Brink in a modern urban environment. The model of the woman with the helmet that flashes during the trailer had that Brink elongated look.

RPS is saying that it’s going to be a free to play shooter.

Not surprising. They can’t afford another full price boondoggle.

More info found. The community F2P stuff is being handled by Warchest. The engine is UE3.

When are they going to make a NS2 demo?

Oh, brink… shudder That was a waste of monies.

I kind of liked it ^_^

I bought it one month later so some complaints of the server browser and performance were meaningless to me, after that, the game had the problem of maps too constrained, with lots of chokepoints. But the class interactions, the teamwork, the objectives, the movement and the weapons were pretty good.

I liked it, as well. I’m not sure why there was this big uprising of hate and/or MEH over this one. It was an OK objective-based shooter with semi-decent bots. Guess it wasn’t CoD enough for the online shooter fanbase.

I liked the concept, but the execution beyond the launch issues was subpar. The animations weren’t smooth. The unlock system sucked. (Unlock gun parts through the time trials - whut?) The guns “felt” wimpy probably due to the way you had to unload a jillion rounds into opponents to make them go down. The maps were too few in number and were chokepoint fests.

I had some fun with SP against bots, but in no way was Brink good enough to shell out full retail price.

I believe Warchest was a spin-off of Splash Damage originally, specifically to handle F2P and digital distribution stuff.

Gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xd4Hjoi2FQ0

It really does look like Brink 2.0

ugh it does, I’ll get this 6 months after it comes out, if the community sticks with it.

Yeah, that seems very Brink like. Except with more normal and less awesome movement.

In fact, I wonder wth they didn’t make then a Brink F2P version. Maybe because Brink is not really in their hands, but the IP is in Bethesda hands?

Brink 2.0 seems to be a very apt description, wow. I mean, at least its going to be free to play I guess. I just hope the level designers learned a few things from Brink and they don’t weigh it down with an oppressive monetary scheme.

… :D

https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/

Uhh the purchase model is very like Mechwarrior. I suspect I will spend as much money as I spend in MW. zero :P

Watching the video, I had the feeling that parts of that level were initially designed for a Brink map pack, but when that game went in the toilet, they repurposed the work for this game instead.

Also, are all the player models female?

Yeah I’ll pass on the founders packages. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.