Disenchantment from Matt Groening (Simpsons, Futurama)

Just so I’m sure I follow you - the 10 episode season starts to get good at episode 9?

It gets better than the first couple of episodes well before that. I’ll freely admit that it doesn’t start near as strong as Futurama did, though.

Bottom line, I don’t regret the time spent watching. Of course, I may have more time than some.

Pretty much. I’d argue there is even barely any supporting character development that is super critical. You’ll mostly just miss out on side character intros so you won’t know to laugh when the pig randomly sticks up his head and asks about cabbages, even though we love Matt Berry.

Ugh, Archer has completely disappeared from US Netflix. Frickin’ Netflix.

Really? Crap, I was hoping to catch up on old seasons I missed. When did that happen?

Ah, I thought it was pretty good, but I haven’t been watching The Simpsons or any other cartoon comedy show in a decade.

You’re missing out, there’s some great stuff out there.

Yeah, probably, but I’m one of those sickos that doesn’t have TV anymore. All I need is something short on Netflix for those times when watching a full movie isn’t an option.

I watched this serie. I did not understood the “rich girl” pathos. I had a strong moral disagreement with her abusing drugs. Did not find any of the jokes fun.
The drawing did not surprise me, but I am friendly to it.

Maybe if you watch the first episode and the last episode is a good serie?

Bojack Horseman is on Netflix. So is Archer in the UK at least. Not Venture Bros. or Bob’s Burgers, unfortunately.

Awww man. I always meant to check out what Archer was on Netflix one day, every time @Jason_McMaster praises it in random threads and Qt3 live streams.

Bob’s Burgers is on Netflix here right now. I thought it was eh, okay? The missus thinks cartoon people making jokes is “vulgar”, so um… we’re watching deco shows now. It’s an ongoing process of negotiation.

Rick and Morty is the best!
I think it’s entirely a class above the rest of the competitors.

True level bitch ;)

The first season of Rick and Morty in some episodes surpass by far Black Mirror.
Where Black Mirror is a one joke show, Rick and Morty has more to say about more different things.

But is a cartoon, and people believe cartoons are for childrens for historical reasons. So people will watch Black Mirror and not see R&M.

Edit:
The second season of R&M is more ignorable.

Oh, yeah, forgot that Rick & Morty was on Netflix. Then again, if your wife thinks Bob’s Burgers is vulgar…

Jeez, no kidding. I adore Rick and Morty, but its comedy is all kinds of effed up.

No Rick & Morty on Netflix in Canada. Watched some on Youtube and yeah, it’s great, much better than I thought it would be. Thanks.

Same here.

After the opener: meh. I’ll keep watching just on faith.
After the second: I think I get it; this is family drama show with the trappings of an animated comedy to make it an easier pill to swallow. Still not great, but I’ll see where it’s going.
After all ten: Hey, that was actually pretty good. Not GREAT, but worthwhile. I wish it was marketed differently, because I was expecting Fantasy Medieval Futurama, and the show is VERY different.

I watched the first episode, and aside from the tepid jokes, I was mostly struck by how sloppily produced it was. Shots were cut either too long or too short, cuts in action scenes didn’t flow into each other, music cues were strangely placed… it was an amateurish mess.

Of course, I’m going to stick with it because Groening, but my expectations have been tempered accordingly.

I binged it today while home sick. It’s. . . basically fine? Not extraordinary or even great, but it’s fine.

Would be nice if, in episode one, there’d been any explanation of Elfo’s suddenly falling in love with Bean forevermore, or if there was, if I hadn’t missed it. Just kinda immediately becomes the core of his character 25 minutes into the 30 minute episode and that’s basically all he plays from that point forward (at least as far as episode 6, where I left off).