Disney+ Recommendations

I was hoping the two-part Clone Wars Cartoon Network special might be on D+. Alas…

That’s odd. It looks like all 5 seasons plus the lost season of Clone Wars is up there, with no mention of missing content from the IGN page I was just looking at (which is what reminded me of your post)? Is this something totally separate from the Clone Wars show?

IMG_1573603948831

Yeah, a separate animated special that came out a few years before the CGI Clone Wars:

Speaking of odd gaps - they have all 5 seasons of the (fantastic) Mickey Mouse shorts - but neither of the two 30 minute specials (Christmas, Halloween).

I plan on watching some of the oldies I haven’t seen in years like Swiss Family Robinson. We’ll see if I still find those charming or not.

Do they have the Ewok Adventures? Or Droids? Or the Star Wars Christmas Special??

No Sing-Along songs either, oddly.

I was kinda out on this service. While a child of the 70’s, I’m long over Star Wars, I loved the Marvel flicks, but burned out, same w/ Pixar.

But they have both Apple Dumpling Gang movies! I may need to at least go for the free 7 day trial…

I sadly don’t think they had any of those when we scrolled through the shows available. It’s also weird they don’t have whole series, like Star Wars Resistance is in season two, but they only have season one.

I turned on SFR tonight for about 10 minutes just to test my getting-old-brain to see if I remembered it right and my almost-10 year old son walked in and was watching with me and was immediately engaged. I’m surprised how well this old stuff holds up; I guess a good story told well never spoils.

As a 50 year old dad with a 3 year old kid, this channel is the biggest no-brainer I can think of. Not only does he have all the Pixar movies, but movies I remember and Mom has never heard of. Gus the field goal kicking mule rides again.

That’s pretty cool. We can control a lot of things in this world, but the interest of children, heh.

I think we had Disney plus on all day, or so it seemed. Phineas and Ferb, Frozen, Beauty and Beast, Lady and Tramp, Milo Murphy’s Law, and Tangled.

I caught Murphy’s Law and Tangled, but I was working through all the other shows my kids watched.

Watched one of my faves from when I was a kid “The Black Cauldron”. Good fun that!

I liked Mandalorian well enough, thought it was fun. Started in on a chronological watching of the MCU and also started watching Clone Wars. I also finally watched Frozen, which I liked a lot.

Disney+ launching while I have been sick worked out ok for me.

Trying to browse the full catalog on web isn’t giving me any pages or scroll arrows. Seeing as setting up on my second monitor is the main use case for me… it’s been a fairly poor, unusable experience because of that.

Cross posting this from the mandalorian thread:
There is a documentary style show on imagineering. If you are a Walt Disney (the man) nerd like me that first episode was amazing. Especially the beautifully remastered footage of Disneyland’s construction.

I’m starting up on the clone wars with my daughter since I never got to watch that and my wife isn’t interested in animated Star Wars.

In a related story, my 3 1/2 year old has watched all the trilogy movies and hums the main theme out in public.

She also is starting to get into football and watches BBQ YouTube videos with me at bed time. Not sure if I’m breaking her or making her amazing.

High five!

Thats about the same age I watched them with my son. And he has a strong affection for Darth Vader and Chewbacca now.

Speaking of Star Wars Holiday Special -

I watched the first two episodes of The Simpsons on Disney+ yesterday. I haven’t seen these since the late 90s. In the late 90s, when the show was in syndication, I felt like I’d watched these early episodes way too often (starting in 1996, some TV shows showed 4 Simpsons episodes a day, and I used to gobble them up, I couldn’t get enough of the show).

But having been away for 20 years, I’d forgotten how warm the show used to be. The Disney+ lineup starts with the Christmas episode. Originally, I had grown so sick of this episode, because unlike Halloween where there was a new episode every year, this same Christmas special was run for years. But not having seen it for a long time, I really enjoyed it. The show is so… warm and inviting with its music and characters. Homer is not the brightest bulb, but he’s not an idiot either, like in future seasons.

I followed this up with the episode where Bart cheats on the aptitude test and is labelled a genius and sent to a class with the really smart kids. Again, Homer really surprised me here. He really cares about Bart, and checks up on him when he gets home from school, and again, he’s not an idiot.

I’m really loving these old episodes. I do wish they’d just put black bars on the side and stuck with the original aspect ratio though.