Disney+ Recommendations

I have successfully convinced my kids to watch Brave instead of The Little Mermaid. God I hate the little Mermaid.

The Emperor’s New Groove should also be required viewing. By far, my favorite of the Disney cartoon movies (vs Pixar).

Got myself a bona fide phishing email that made it through Google’s filters today!

As always, don’t click on links from emails you didn’t directly request. This was a “Your One-Time Code from Disney+” that looked pretty legit.

The phishers are getting more sophisticated every day.

Ho ho ho!

All right I finally signed up. Held out for a pretty long time eh?

I let the girls watch The Little Mermaid for the first time. I agree Brave or Moana are far better. Still they loved it of course.

I see Willow is on there. I barely remember it. Might have seen it last around 1990 at age 11, so I have an urge. It probably sucks, bad. Am I right? Should I find my first nostalgia watch in another?

I should watch The Black Hole, right? I’ve never seen it, and I think it’s one of the classic 80s sci fi films?

It’s terrible, but if you’ve never seen it, you should watch it.

So last night we watched Escape to Witch Mountain, which holds up and is still fun, followed by – at my wife’s insistence, mind you – Return from Witch Mountain, which is still awful and always will be.

Tonight we’ll watch Race to Witch Mountain, which I’ve never seen but the wife has.

The Black Hole isn’t terrible. Granted, I haven’t watched it all the way through for 20 years.

Rewatched Moana last night. Man, that movie is good. I don’t know if Disney will ever top it.

Yes, yes it is. Watch it again and try to tell me you’re not angry at the time you’ve lost.

But. But it’s got cute robots! I don’t think The Black Hole is terrible. It’s average. Love the theme music.

The robots are the best part of the move. That and the ship designs.

Rebels is so much better than it has any right to be.

The Black Hole is awesome just for Maximilian, who had a starring role in quite a few of my childhood nightmares.

Oh God mine too!

And yeah Rebels is great once it gets going.

When the new clone wars season hits, I think I’ll binge through it again, and finish off Rebels at the same time.

Have you met Fulcrum yet?

To be fair, this was really the reason I wanted D+ my own self. Love Clone Wars. SO excited for more of it.

I’ve never seen Clone Wars, but just started watching it for the first time in chronological order. I can’t believe how scattershot it originally aired.

I’m closing in on the end of S2.

Twilight of the Apprentice is the high water mark.

Though the end of S3 is equally fantastic.