Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

[ul]
[li] Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a single- and multiplayer top-down, party-based role-playing game with pen & paper RPG-like levels of freedom.It features turn-based combat, a strong focus on systematic gameplay and a well-grounded narrative.[/li]> [/ul]

[ul]
[li] Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed Divinity: Original Sin, winner of over 150 Game of the Year awards and nominations. Winner of GameSpot’s “PC Game of The Year 2014”.[/li]> [/ul]

[ul]
[li] Divinity: Original Sin 2 is currently in development for PC in English. Subtitles will be available in German, French, and Russian. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage, once development is more advanced.[/li]> [/ul]

The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life.
At the start of the game, you pick a single character and determine your starting stats, race, and origin story.

You’ll be able to recruit up to three companions, each of whom is just as detailed as the character you’re playing, with their own origin story and motivation to help you in your quest.
This makes it possible for each companion to become a player character in multiplayer mode; every party member is equally important to the whole.

In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively.
During competitive questing, you’ll pursue different plot-lines from other players, often because your personal motivations are in conflict with those of the party.

Like its predecessor, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a game about systems and using those systems to get your way. Before you know it, you’ll be manipulating the environment, using new types of elemental interactions, and exploiting people’s weaknesses to achieve your goals.
That systematic approach now also applies to the narrative. A new dialog system will give you many more options to persuade both NPCs and your companions. You’ll quickly discover that nearly all dialogs in the game are different depending on who is doing the talking.

Like its predecessor, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a game about systems and using those systems to get your way. Before you know it, you’ll be manipulating the environment, using new types of elemental interactions, and exploiting people’s weaknesses to achieve your goals.
That systematic approach now also applies to the narrative. A new dialog system will give you many more options to persuade both NPCs and your companions. You’ll quickly discover that nearly all dialogs in the game are different depending on who is doing the talking.

We’re developing a new crafting system that provides you with good incentives to use crafting to its fullest.
We’re also introducing Skill Crafting, a new mechanic that lets you combine different skills and spells to create powerful new ones. With skill crafting, you can mix a “silence" spell with a “summon spider” spell to make a “summon stealth spider” spell. A “rain" spell combined with a “grease" spell yields a “grease rain” spell. (By the way, wet grease explodes if it comes in contact with fire. Just another elemental bang to ruin your enemy’s day.) And you can mix bleeding spells like “lacerate” with a “rain” spell to summon a tempest of blood.
If you’re wondering why you’d want to do that, trying taking the "leech" talent (which heals you while standing in pools of blood), and you’ll be singing “It’s Raining Blood” in no time.

In addition to new forms of elemental interaction, we’ll be adding things like push/pull mechanics (so you can, for example, push somebody into a surface you created), a cover system which will benefit rangers and magicians alike, and several new gameplay mechanics, like the ability to use Source Skills.
To use Source Skills you’ll need to have “Source Points,” and unless you’re very powerful, chances are you’ll only have one at a time. There are several ways you can recharge your Source Points, and some of them are downright wicked:
Dark Sourcerers can recharge their Source Points by absorbing the bodies of the fallen or by sucking the astral energy out of the spirits around them. (Visible to the party thanks to the new “Spirit Whispering” talent). You may be tempted to start cutting down everyone you see which (just like in Divinity: Original Sin), is just as valid a way of achieving your goal as becoming the village hero.

Estimated date: Dec’16.

edit:

Nice!

Divinity pro player:

When is the Enhanced edition of the first game is supposed to release? I can’t find any date. Fall?

Backed D:OS2! Now to finish the first one when the Enhanced Edition comes out.

Man, I’m tempted to back this. I loved OS so much, and I can’t wait to play the EE (not sure on the date for that one, but it’s coming pretty soon) but I never backed OS and I wish I had. Now I know what to expect I think they have well earned my Kickstarter support.

Yep, loved the first one, and can’t wait to play it again when the enhanced releases. So, I’m in for kickstarter on the second one! Pulling the trigger today.

Trigger: Pulled
Kickstarter: Backed

Already at $225k of its $500k goal. Impressive!

Oh, it will have no problem blowing past its modest $500k goal.

The question is how far will it go? Based on the quality of what they delivered last time, I think most people are confident about this Kickstarter.

Choosing a backstory is now part of the character creation process, and the history you choose will alter how your character can navigate the game’s overarching plot. You may be the child or friend of a certain NPC, while one of your co-op partners is secretly on a mission to kill that same person. The interaction and conflict between every possible backstory and character choice is what will set Divinity: Original Sin 2 apart from its predecessor

I backed Original Sin, but I never got around to playing it much (it felt too linear in feel for my taste). I should probably give it a shot again, especially since it has co-op, and then from there I can decide if I want to back this. Does anyone know when the E.E. for Original Sin comes out?

RPG Codex coverage is the best coverage

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10045

No doubt that this game will be worth it. Was hugely impressed with OS.

Think the aim is October.

Interesting how the bonuses for tiers are quite different than for the original game’s kickstarter. I guess through that experience (and others like Pillars of E’s) they realized that it was a significant pain and distraction to put in a lot of backer created content, which most gamers would probably prefer to avoid anyway.

Looks like they already hit the funding goal, that was certainly quick.

That was fast, but not surprising. They went above and beyond with DOS, considering the funds they had at their disposal.

Video preview in AngryJoe, Sven literally goes to Joe’s home to show the game

This game will be madness. I love it.

I don’t know what is going on with the visuals per se, but I love the way this game looks. OS was a nice looking game, don’t get me wrong, but something about the animation and the art direction are just a little elevated. Damn, this looks great.