Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

I smashed it right in front of her just because I didn’t like her attitude. In fact, I’ve killed a ton of people in this game for completely trivial reasons. I’ll have to do another playthrough in a year or so when I actually try to leave as many people alive as possible.

I have her jar in my backpack, along with the Necromancers. Being able to carry them is something new from EA, so I want to see how the conversations pan out.

I am downloading the game to another computer, as am away from the old one. However I’d forgotten just how slow internet here is…

20 gb download in just under 20 hrs!

I know of one quest that I botched by killing someone I shouldn’t have, but either there are places i can get to that i havent found or i have messed up other quests too; my party is not yet level 3 and I can’t find anything else to do w.o. fighting higher level mobs.

I started another play-through. I wanted to try my elemental warrior too much. Anyway, are all quests solvable with a definite resolution? The last time I left the island, I had a fair number of unfinished quests that I didn’t know what to do about.

I do have a mechanics question about the opportunis talent. Does this talent trigger when someone walks past / away from you? Meaning, if you are a dagger user, will it always result in a back-stab?.

There is a guy on a beach gibbering on and on that is a tough but very doable fight at level 2. He has some great loot and is worth some XP as well, and while there is a quest tied to him, you can get an early game boost by taking him down and a big dose of XP.

You can get lots of XP just exploring as well, and those crocs are doable on normal difficulty at level 2 if you don’t mind burning a resurrection scroll or two (do so during the fight - downed party members don’t get XP).

Downed party do get XP.

thanks. the gibbering guy is the one I alluded to whose quest I missed, and I’ve already killed the crocs too. the teleport ring let me get some more loot but I haven’t been able to get more xp and the party is still not to level 3. I think the quests I do have require getting into the fort or to the east side of the island but from other people’s posts I suspect i missed some xp somewhere.

There is an easy fight (turtles) climbing up some vines in the hidden area Thane can be found in, too. Just behind where Thane sits over the corpse are the vines, climb up them and a lady and a child are up there. Save the game, walk down the path a bit, and some more enemies are there that you shouldn’t have any trouble with. That might help?

Level 3 fights when you are level 2 are actually totally doable, btw. Hell, the crocks are probably the hardest fight in the open air (not in the fort) in that first area. Once you get some equipment worth a damn at least.

I have a question regarding the elf ability. I have Sebille and give her all body parts I find to eat. Now she has learned a skill she can’t actually use. Is there a way to make a skillbook from that learned skill?

Pickpocketing should be 100% if you aren’t spotted (others can spot you and break stealth), thievery skill only increases the amount you can steal, and yeah, limited to one steal per character I think.

And yeah, some merchants are placed where you can’t really block other’s sightlines. Act 2 starting town is set up that way, so I’m not able to strip them.

No, skill book crafting requires inventory items (such as scrolls, skill books, etc.) so you have nothing in this case to put in the crafting UI. You can, however, invest a point in the required skill and then use it.

Hm so I can’t craft skill scrolls at least? Then the next step could be skill book. I don’t want to put points in a tree for a single skill. Just seems like a waste. But it did not cost me anything. So not too bad.

PSA: Equipment scales incredibly with level. If you are wearing pieces of gear a few levels to low, the power level difference is extremely noticeable.

Once you find a source fountain, just remember where it is so you can use those abilities on tougher fights. It is a bit annoying to go back to them between fights, but it will make tough fights much easier (Bless can also be a real life-saver on cloud-heavy encounters).

The next part is questionable, use at your own discretion, though no plot spoilers:

If all else fails, robbery and murder really pay dividends if you are attempting Tactician or struggling on Classic. Killing every NPC you can reasonably get away with will put you ahead of the games expected level curve pretty rapidly, and nothing is more important than keeping every piece of gear you are wearing at level. The difference between being level 5 or 4 is massive in the difficult fights. At one point later in the game i was regularly 2 levels ahead of where the game expected me to be and I had to bump it up to Tactician because Classic became too easy.

Genociding the magisters or everyone?

Thanks, but I already did that one too :) I guess I should go re-try the fight in the arena? I don’t know what else to do

There’s a bunch of misc encounters that give XP in the Fort. Spoken to elf in the caves / dealt with Griff? Found Withermore? Card shark bullies? Cave frogs (though tougher than crocs unless you have good magic armor)?

On on the escape, there’s a variety of stuff. Fire slug cavern? Dungeon stuff? Exploring these even if you run away from the fights gives exploration XP.

What @fdsaion said, otherwise it’s time to get into the fort. There are a number of approaches, I like to go in from using teleport to get down to the stump just off the ledge near where you can find Thane.

I messed up the Griff quest. Havent found Withermore or the card-shark quests, where are they? or, is there a good spoilers web site with this sort of info?

It took me a very long time to reach level 3 as well and I’ve certainly missed some things as I’ve read people wanting to be level 8 and sometimes 9 before leaving act 1 and I’ve barely hit 7. I do have some magisters I can go grind though.

It took off once I got my wits stat up to 12 which enabled me to spot a secret entrance. If you haven’t found areas with nasty frogs or fire slugs you can at least enter the area for xp even if you can’t handle the fights yet. And you said retry the arena; if you reloaded a save from before entering you get some xp just for discovering that as well.

Whitmore can be found by talking to a little kid in the cave where the blind elf is (near the healer’s camp). The kid wants to play hide and seek - find him and he’ll take you there. You can find the hidden entrance on your own with high enought WITS though.

The frogs are behind some barricades/crates that can be destroyed in whatever manner you deem appropriate, in that same cave.

The card sharks are in town, sort on a higher level where some ramps can take you to them, playing cards and being unruly. They are above the wailing woman that wants you to find her missing kid. It’s pretty easy to start a fight with them, if one wanted to. ;)