Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

You can also teleport the barricades. Amazing utility that ability.

They have a couple quests though so best to milk that XP first? I mean you can talk your way out of the initial encounter, then go back and beat them in the game later.

I’m now at the point where I’m going to have to pick what to do with Griff. Either choice (snitch, or fight) I guess you lose access to a skill card merchant, Pyro or Hunter?

Once you hit level 4 vendors will sell all the skill books you will likely ever get access to during the island/Act 1 so just hold off until then, buy what you want, and wrap up the quest however you want. Also, there is a second skill vendor somewhere on the island (usually in the resistance camp) so you’re probably covered.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to deal with shriekers by the Black Pits? If you’ve sold the Tyrant’s Helm and now can’t find the merchant you sold it to?

Edit: Found who I sold it to. Now to go kill more magisters.

thanks! now the team is level 3 :)

Summoning at level 10 is niiiiiiiiiice. Managed to get together enough +summoning equipment to reach 10 just before the final fight in act 1. My blood Incarnate was completely dominating the battlefield.

I’ll tell you what feels damn good: Killing every sorry magister in Fort Joy.

My favorite moment is still sneaking up on 3 of them as they were outside a house near the Black Pits taunting its occupant to come out. Ifan spec’d with 2-handers and Warfare did the ground slam, knocking all 3 down, and 2 died before they could react. 3rd died a turn later. Very satisfying.

So, found the Tyrant’s Helm but it no longer gives the Purge skill and there are more shriekers in the Black Pits blocking my progress. Any ideas?

Anyone know what level or number of talents you’re likely to reach? I took comeback kid for all 4 of my characters for the first talent but I seem to remember from D:OS 1 that I almost always ended up taking the skill point talents. And if I’m going to invest in skills it should be early. However, I’m looking at leech, living armor, and morning person as good all-around things to have for basically everyone and I’m undecided with what to do heading into Act 2 here.

Just going to hold the talents for a little bit.

Loving the game, nearly done the fort. Noticed that the amount of exposition you get from the gods depends on which character you’re playing, Fane’s reveal is substantial compared to Ifan. Can you do more than one fight in the Arena? I get the conversation prompt to pick a companion, followed by nothing. Also, looks like the red ball doesn’t work if you’ve been anywhere near the room and comeback, same goes for the confrontation by the dungeon water access.

Some cheese if you’re having serious problems: Traps (gas trap for ex.) that require a barrel/box to block them will continue going off during your turn, teleport an enemy near it and make yourself a cup of tea (hint: Radeka). Teleport an enemy while one party member is talking to them (tested on Radeka only, some will take teleport damage and initiate the fight). You can teleport noxious bulbs towards your enemy encounter and damage them, but you won’t get exp unless you actually initiate a fight; give Fane teleport gloves and move all the poison bulbs to the Alexander boss area!

Oh man that last one sounds hilarious. Neverending explosions.

I mentioned upthread that the quest system is funky. Strike that. It’s downright totally fucked up and broken.

When you get to chapter 2, it says you cannot return to the Isle of Fort Joy (it makes it clear before you leave). All the quests that I had completed but weren’t moved to completed status now say I didn’t complete them. WTF.

Dragon? Says I didn’t save him. Oh really? Because I watched him fly away.

Withermore? Pretty sure I completed that one, the boy was crying over his armor. Nope.

Call To Arms? The quest to help the Seekers attack the boat? Somehow, I didn’t complete that one, even though I watched them storm off to do that very thing.

The Burning Pigs? Cured every last one of them and used Persuasion to not fight the boss. Game says I failed the quest.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Edit - yeah, here’s a reddit thread about it. (Spoilers) They’re all fucked up. Shoulda waited for the Enhanced edition.

Can’t quote spoiler tagged stuff:

your first one - no idea what’s happened

2 - You need to do something in the tomb of Braccus Rex

3 - no idea

4 - one of the beings you helped must be persuaded to go to the Seeker camp and take up residence there.

I am sooooo sadfaced right now. |I’m using my home desktop, and it is an old computer, from 2010, and the gfx card is below system requirements. I cannot run D:OS2…but can run Homeworld:Deserts of Kharak…

Ahh well, stuff happens.

Quest question about the dragon and other things::

I killed the witch in the rose cave, and it said I could now free the dragon. However those binding things were still on and interacting with them did nothing.
There is an companion, the one who can summon a dog. In my first attempt to play through he had some quest to talk to a merchant near the swamp to get a special weapon to kill Alexander. In my second playthrough it seems this quest is no longer available or I did something wrong because none of my dialog choices brought that subject up and upon meeting with the merchant, he didn’t get a special weapon.

Also you can’t have blank lines between spoiler tags apparently.

Think less, hit more.

No idea on the second part.

OK I am still in the Fort and have a similar issue as others. No matter where I go and who I talk to the game turns violent. I have a bunch of open quests I have no idea how to close as I seem to somehow always end up killing people. I am a bit annoyed that there seems to be no way to get past certain points without violence. It is so bad that I started saving before talking to anyone and that slows the game down tremendously. Not so happy about this. I guess I should not worry too much and just roll with it? It is just contrary to my preferred “talk out of conlict” approach in RPG.

Some of the origin stories force you into situations that you might not want to be in. I imagine a playthrough with non-origin characters would be a bit more flexible.

The whole quest system I agree is borked. No real way to tell where you are on a quest, what to do next, or even when you complete something, in many cases. The game also does a terrible job of even hinting that certain events or actions might have rather unrecoverable consequences.

That being said, the game is freakin’ great. Addictive and fun, and at Classic level at least I like the challenge of the combat. Only level 6 though.

BTW, if anyone offers you real estate on the starter island, don’t buy it. That place sucks.

This is absolutely true. In fact, some of the bad outcomes happen if you just have a specific character in your party.

The first time I encountered the card sharks I talked my way through it (with a bit of luck). I have a feeling though that there aren’t a lot of dialog solutions in the fort. After I got out of the fort there seemed like there were a few more opportunities and even more in Act 2.

However, the persuasion checks seem to be quite difficult, at least if you’re trying to pass them solely based on your stats. I do want to try a more social way the next time through but at this point at level 10 I believe I’ve only passed 3 persuasion checks total (with nothing invested in persuasion). So you are definitely going to have to invest to have a chance.

And then I think you might run into the problem of lack of xp/loot. I cannot possibly get enough money right now and I always feel like I’m a level behind. I’d be way behind if I hadn’t gone back to kill all the magisters. I think I need to wrap my head around the crafting system as I’m toting around something like 80 pounds worth of crafting ingredients as I’ve been hoarding not wanting to waste anything that might make skill books down the line.

Sebille loves murder.

Also Persuasion checks without the skill will almost always fail in my experience.

Anything other than books is fairly safe to sell. Rez scrolls take life/water essence and paper iirc.

Everything else you can sell fairly safely or craft into something that you can probably sell for even more if you don’t need it.