Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

That’s a good question. I haven’t played DOS2 but searching around, it seems the base AP was 6 before, this is a 30% increase? in AP. That sounds an important difficulty nerf to the game.
I also heard D:OS2 was harder than the first one, so maybe it’s cool?

edit: oh it isn’t part of an normal update, there are a few “official” mini-mods that you can activate optionally.

His accent made that doubly hilarious.

and thats why we can’t have nice things

From The Ashes
Party members automatically resurrect when using the bedroll out of combat.

Whoa.

This game got SO MUCH love, and Ive been playing for about 20 hours I do mainly like it, I really enjoy the characters and some of the story archs, and even some of the special abilities are fun to play with but I find myself constantly struggling with the interface or the game, to play.

A sample of things that annoy

• Runes, having to hit G to finish a rune, i had to google that, why no done button?
  • Log is helpful, but telling me a location, when its not on the map, and you have to wander around to find that location so it pops up a message you entered the area?
  • No selecting a mission and having a marker to help you find the location (yes the map has flags, but occasionally i head in the wrong direction, or take the wrong path)
  • Alt doesn’t show you containers, you will need to pixel hunt for those.
  • You can right click on things in your menu but NOT when you are combining things, this caused me to think the knife im supposed to draw my own blood with was not usable in that way.

The list goes on…sigh.

I really like many things about the game, but constantly fighting the interface eventually makes me rage quit for a break, with having to deal with the quirks! This should be a game I love, but I’m not sure I’m actually gong to finish, which is a shame

To be fair, I would suggest that point 3 is more of a philosophical/design choice than an interface failure. Of course, it’s a choice one is free to disagree with.

I picked this back up after a long break with the intent to finally finish it. I left it in Act 3 and thought I was pretty much at the end but nope there’s a whole next act to go.

Now that I’m in Act 4 I can confidently say that the difficulty takes a huge jump here. I looked around on google and it seems this was a common complaint on release as well and I’m not if the DE did anything about it. I got to Act 4 at level 17 but everything in the Act is 18-20. I managed to win a few fights and complete some non-combat quests to get up to 18 but I’ve hit a wall now as everything I’ve run into is 19 or 20. I’m stuck on a particularly bullshit fight that I won’t spoil but I’ll just say it involves an ambush, a pit and you being outnumbered.

The difficulty spike has really clarified the one thing I hate in an otherwise amazing game. This game is so finely tuned with experience and levels (and levels make such a huge difference in combat outside of cheese tactics) that unless you are completing every single quest and fighting every single fight you run into these walls where you’re under leveled with no way to grind a level or two. It’s forced me to use a guide for a large portion of the game which I generally don’t like doing but otherwise I’d waste so much time backtracking to make sure I hovered up every last bit of XP. Just wish they had done that differently. I guess there’s story mode I’d rather have challenging fights that aren’t impossible thanks to level difference.

I see Divinity franchise on sale that includes both 1 and 2 and the “Beyond Divinity”.

Is the first version worth it? Or should I just stick with 2 and it’s expansion Divine Ascension?

Edit: I went ahead and bought the whole pack. The reviews were very positive.

Quick question. Should I start with the Divinity 1: Enhanced or Divinity 2 with it’s expansion?

Like most sequels, D2 gameplay is vastly improved, so if you want to play the first game - start with that! Otherwise it will feel impossible to go back.

Thanks I started the D1 Enhanced. I’m having problem seeing what to click on. Is there an ALT highlight objects key like Diablo or Grim Dawn?

Isn’t it just ALT? Maybe its a toogle instead of holding it down - I dont have it installed, but check keybindings. It should be there!

You’re probably talking about Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2 Ego Draconis AKA Dragon Knight Saga.

Divine Divinity is quite oldschool and hard to get into. Divinity 2 Ego Draconis plays well today even if it doesn’t look that good. I recommend it.

Ok, I got the ALT figured out. I’m playing on the Mac, it seems that the ALT dont work if I switch the modifier keys in my Mac preferences. Once I set it to back to default, the game got it working again.

Thanks guys.

I CANNOT DECIDE WHO TO PICK AS MY MAIN CHARACTER.

Is this D1: EE?

It’s a classless system. You can pick a “class” for it’s starting equipment and then customize to your heart’s content. When leveling up, you can choose whatever you want to specialize in.

The main thing is to know that each type of “class” skill is dependent on STR, DEX or INT.

A easy to understand read can be found here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/170514-divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition/faqs/72764

No, D2:DE

I played the game as the Beast, but that storyline kinda fizzled out towards the last third (at least in the non-enhanced version, it might have been improved a bit later), so can’t really recommend him. Sebille & Ifan never joined my team, so no idea how they play out. However I think Lohse & Red Prince are pretty fun to play as! Definitely take Fane on as a companion.

I played as Ifan, his story arc was decent.

I am not done yet, but I really like Lohse’s story so far.