Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Use more elements than Captain Planet!

Not to mention that Source Vampirism allows you to steal source from living enemies (well, most of them IIRC) for no real cost.

For me it’s more about making stuff like the cursed pigs easier to solve. There’s not enough source puddles on the ground in the area to fix them all in one go if you walked over a puddle previously (e.g.) and then went and used that somewhere else.

Although I should note you can’t get it until after that quest.

When you recruit your starting originals in the game - it seems like you can direct what they will be by certain dialog. Is there away to force a more detailed choice? Such as wanting to build a Stormchaser or Tidalist type of character? There is way to to cheat using a respec mod but I found that even if I respec the character they do not know the beginning skills I would probably want to choose.

You’ll get the ability to respec at will a few hours into the game. You need to clear Fort Joy then it will become available. So don’t sweat it too much.

So, bought this game, played it for 7 hours, loved it to bits… and now it stopped working: I cannot for the life of me start the definitive edition anymore. Mind you: that is the edition I have been playing for 7 hours, without any problems!

Very, very annoying. I guess I’ll restart and play the classic edition, but that feels crazy: after this long surely they should have fixed stuff like this?!

That’s strange, maybe uninstall and reinstall? When the definitive version came out Steam would not update the game properly and I couldn’t start it. Ended up uninstalling and moving on to other games, but I got a total craving to play this again a week or so ago. Fired up my 85 hour last save and spent a good half hour trying to figure out how to play, where to go, and what to do. Luckily I stumbled into the Blackpits and finally got my bearings and this game sank its claws into me once again. 111 hours in now and still in Act 2 I believe finishing up some side stuff. I’d like to eventually do a playthrough on the definitive edition with Beast and Lohse who I haven’t used at all.

I have never had any technical problems with this game, the original or the definitive edition. I am not sure what your problem is, but their software is rock solid. I would guess something else is causing the issue.

It is a common problem apparently if the number of posts on the internet is any indication. No clear solution though…

Mine just started working again after updating the soundcard-drivers…! No idea why that would change anything, but it did. Now I’m just hoping it stays fixed!

I had only some issues with the multiplayer (caused by players being in the same local network) but not with the game itself.

Yeah, I just never had something working properly for 7 hours, then suddenly refuse to restart. Anyway, appears to be working again now, so I’ll just count my blessings I suppose. My apologies for the fuss (I was frustrated after 5 hours of troubleshooting without results…)!

Our teenage children do this all the time.

EDIT: Oops, didn’t realize this was 11 days ago. -My bad.

No worries, you are spot on and I laughed :-)

Gift Bag 2 on the way! Free update!

Gift Bag 2: Song of Nature contains six new additions to D:OS2 on all platforms that will help to enrich your adventures in Rivellon:

Crafter’s Kit: Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!

Endless Runner: Find a new icon in your Hotbar to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases the movement speed of your party.

Animal Empathy: Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.

Fort Joy Magic Mirror: Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.

8 Action Points: Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.

Herb Gardens: Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling. Then place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.

I wonder how much this unbalances the game.

When I saw those on the Switch menu, I figured they were meant for people replaying the game and wanting to have various sort of fun.

Tom should play it now that they’ve introduced a baby mode!

cold

I’ve been avoiding this thread because of spoilers, but after being told D:OS2 now offers cross-compatibility for Switch & Steam versions of the games and there’s a video here I should watch, I finally tracked it down and took a ganer.

I didn’t want to buy a second copy of this game for the Switch because I didn’t want to start over again (I’ve done that a couple times already on the PC version)… but now with this news, I’m trying hard to resist.

P.S. When the guy in the Larian video haphazardly grabbed and stacked his Switches together it made my teeth grind. But it was a good video nonetheless.

I haven’t played this game yet, but just watched this video and had to share…

Oh God. I don’t want to watch it but I can’t stop because his voice and humour.

Um.